cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what the dispute resolved on equifax. does it seem right? Child Support Arrears

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

This is what the dispute resolved on equifax. does it seem right? Child Support Arrears

First it showed up as a closed negative account cause of "late payments" which were actually arrears.

DIVISION OF CHILD SUPPORT

Account Number:XXXXStatus:PAYS AS AGREED 
Account Owner:Individual Account. High Credit:$0  
Type of Account :OpenCredit Limit: 
Term Duration: Terms Frequency:Monthly (due every month) 
Date Opened:09/01/2005  Balance:$0  
Date Reported:06/01/2008  Amount Past Due: 
Date of Last Payment:05/2008 Actual Payment Amount: 
Scheduled Payment Amount:$371  Date of Last Activity:07/2006 
Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed:22
Creditor Classification: Activity Designator:Paid and Closed
Charge Off Amount: Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount: Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan:Family Support 
Date of First Delinquency:N/A
Comments: 

81-Month Payment History

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2008120120*120120       
2007**120120120120120120*120120120

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: This is what the dispute resolved on equifax. does it seem right? Child Support Arrears

Then I got an email today stating this

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # - 346* The results are:
There is no historical account
information currently on this account. The prior paying history on this account has been updated. This creditor has
verified to OUR company that the current status is being reported correctly.

Then they updated the monthly amount to what I pay now, and I no longer see the late charges in the email they sent me. Im not sure what the heck is gong on.
Date Opened 9/11/2005
High Credit- $0
Credit Limit- $0
Terms Frequency- Monthly
Month Revd- 22
Items as of date reported- 11/11/2013
Balance Amount- $0
Amount Past Due-$0
Date of Last Payment- 11/2013
Actual Payment Amount- $0
Scheduled Payment Amout $487
Date of 1st Deliquency- (Nothing Under that)
Date of last activity 07/2006

Status- Pays as agreed
Type of Account- Open
Type of Loan- Family Support
Whose Account- Individual Account
Additional Information- Child/Family Support Obligation

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: This is what the dispute resolved on equifax. does it seem right? Child Support Arrears

The updated version appears to be an account in good standing.  Not that I was aware that CS accounts were reported unless in arrears.

But if this is not reporting negatively, I would just leave it.

Message 3 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

guiness45, you my friend are correct, I just got off the phone with nice gentleman at Equifax, and he told me the account is no longer showing late payments, and is showing as a good standing account, I asked about removing it and what the process would be, he said I would need to dispute removal at this point, but he did mention that I should just leave it, since its not showing any late payments and its showing current and itll be a positive tradeline.

WOOT WOOT. on a roll, I just got a letter from the CA for my Medical stating they have been instructed by the dentist to REMOVE the account from all Credit Bureaus, and then I got this confirmation stating that I no longer have any late payments, this is a great week, I tell you.

My next question is, when should I pull my reports, to confirm this stuff???

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

This is what TU shows, I have a feeling I should dispute to show current information, or should I just leave it as is.

Condition- Paid
Current Balance- $0

Original Balance- $0

Limit- $0

Monthly Payment- $0

Last Payment-11/01/13

Term-0
Loan Type- Family Support
Date Opened 9/07/2005
Reported- 11/01/2013

Remarks- Closed

Payment Status- Ok

Past Due Amount- $0

Late Payment History (7 Years)

30 Day-0

60 Day-0

90 Day-0

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That looks like a positive account so I would leave it alone.  Does it show negatively?

Message 7 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I pulled it from my TU account real quick, and it does not say anything negative, or show anything negative, but it does not show any amount I pay per month, and under remarks it states closed, but it showed my last payment was 11/01/13.

Im going to pull all 3 reports towards the end of November Early December cause I want to apply for the Chase Marriot.

Message 8 of 9
starry1
Valued Contributor

Positive is good, run with it!

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.