cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought You Guys Would Get A Kick Out of This!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Thought You Guys Would Get A Kick Out of This!

So I was cleaning out some old junk last night when I came across this letter from an application I submitted with Toys R Us. I remember the guy asking me if I wanted to apply and that he had to get a certain number of applications for the day. I knew I wouldn't be approved, and most certainly didn't care about my credit/inquiries at that time. However, I wanted to help him out, so I let him do it and was apparently sent this letter that I never opened. I didn't even know it was possible to have a credit score THIS low!! I mean, I've seen the range 300-850, but have never actually seen anyone's credit score lower than like 450.

It's just nice to see how far I've come in the past 6 years. Obviously anything negative I had on my reports has fallen off since that letter, but I want to kick myself for not taking this whole credit thing more seriously sooner. My dad was always telling me the importance of credit, but I had to learn the hard way, like I always do. This also just goes to show you that it is possible to rebuild with some time and patience.

So that's all! Just wanted to share this with the community. Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thought You Guys Would Get A Kick Out of This!

And now you're in the 700s and Toys R Us is busted. Smiley LOL

But in all seriousness, that's a great turn around and an inspiring story! Nice work!

Message 2 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

hahaha, now you can update your "starting score".......that would show an even bigger improvementSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And to add insult to their injury, your credit has recovered by now and they are out of business.

Message 4 of 8
aynot4fitness
Contributor

Lol, adds a bit of irony to the Toys R Us BK. This is like finding out that an old fling who dumped you is now being dumped themselves for the same reason. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

You've come a long way. Great work!

Personal

Business

:
:
Message 5 of 8
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

hahaha, now you can update your "starting score".......that would show an even bigger improvementSmiley Tongue

I was going to make the same comment! 

Message 6 of 8
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

You're right!! The earliest score that I had was when I applied for a PenFed auto loan back in 2017 and they told me my score, which was in the 580's. I think I would have a heart attack if I saw just how many delinquencies were on my report back then!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 7 of 8
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@aynot4fitness wrote:

Lol, adds a bit of irony to the Toys R Us BK. This is like finding out that an old fling who dumped you is now being dumped themselves for the same reason. Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

You've come a long way. Great work!

Smiley Very Happy Or like that ex that dumped you because you were a nerdy girl with overalls and glasses and then you show up a few years later looking smoking hot HAHA!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.