cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three successes over the last week!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three successes over the last week!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Just wanted to share my few little successes. I was really starting to get discouraged because I have sent out settlement letters and PFD letters to no avail. I sent a goodwill letter to Capital One for a charge off from last year, played phone tag with a lady from the EO office for about a week only for them to say no. I send a settlement letter to Jefferson Capital Systems for my First Premier account and they sent back that they will accept 50% of the debt (but they are not even listed on my actual credit report but First Premier told me to contact them) And right now, my scores are around 560. I did sign up with Collection Shield 360 but I have about 34 days left before I see results, I guess Smiley Sad But I have been determined to get up to 600's. I applied for Charity care for two hospital bills placed on my credit last year as those still have a big effect on my score. I contacted Comenity VS to set up the final payment my charged off amount next Friday.

While searching on this site, I saw that some people were having success emailing or contacting First Premier about the inaccurate reporting of their accounts. I checked my reports and all three were disorganized and incorrect. I couldn't even tell what the what was going on with the account lol. So I took a chance and organized a nice email stating this and sent it to the email address that was provided in these forums and the next day, I got an email from them asking me to provide my current address. I shot an email back and just this weekend I got a letter in the mail saying that in regards to the inaccurate reporting of my account opened in 2013, they would delete the entire charge off!!! Then, I also saw alot of people had success rebuilding their credit with Fingerhut. But being turned down before, I was a little apprehensive. I saw that someone mentioned a Fingerhut Pre qualify. So I went to their website and entered my information and was pre-qualified for $130 (Small limit is better than nothing lol). But after filling out the application, It said I needed to contact customer service because my application was pending. I just got married in February so applying for credit in the new name is what caused the problem. After faxing them some verification documents, I was approved for $230 in the Fresh Start Program!!!

And finally a couple of days after that, I was lurking online again and discussions about the Discover Secured card caught my eye. One woman said that she had collections, a charge off and a lien and was approved. I read more stories of Discover approving people with pretty damaged credit and they were pretty compelling. I knew that wouldn't guarantee me to be approved but one could only hope. I pulled up the Discover site and went to the secured card application. I put in my information and reluctantly pushed submit.... Next screen said "You passed the credit check. Please provide us with your checking account information on the next page." I provided them with my info and the last page said they would do two test deposits to verify my account within the next three days. The deposits happened that next day and I went back to their website and verified the amounts. Once that was completed, they said to be on the lookout for the deposit to be taken, which just happened today! My new card should arrive within two weeks! So now I'm gardening and rehabbing what I can on my report... Thanks for all your posts and sharing your experiences.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Three successes over the last week!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your successes!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats what im talking about !!!  Thats fantastic.  get yourself a nice installment loan via a credit union or self lender and youll be even better ( if you dont already have a installment loan ).  Super happy for you.

Message 3 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your successes! 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still hadn't received my Discover secured card yet and I saw online that they have Account managers available 24/7 so i decided to call just to touch bases with them. The automated system had my account information and I chose the option to speak with a live person. A very nice woman answered and said that my account had been set up, however the card hadnt been sent just yet. She let me know that I could choose my design if I wanted to (yes!) Lol. And she could expedite the card for me. After verifying some info, she let me know the card would be shipped tomorrow!! So glad to be on this Discover journey.
Message 5 of 10
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Kudos to you and keep pushing!. You are certainly well on your way to rebuilding. Take care of your cards and watch your utilization.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I still hadn't received my Discover secured card yet and I saw online that they have Account managers available 24/7 so i decided to call just to touch bases with them. The automated system had my account information and I chose the option to speak with a live person. A very nice woman answered and said that my account had been set up, however the card hadnt been sent just yet. She let me know that I could choose my design if I wanted to (yes!) Lol. And she could expedite the card for me. After verifying some info, she let me know the card would be shipped tomorrow!! So glad to be on this Discover journey.

Congratulations CreditSaavy,

If it were me, I would use my Discover card as if it is a debit card.  For example, if you charge $20, then make a payment of $20.  If you charge $50, then make a payment of $50.  This way the card should get lots of activity, and if you treat it like a debit card, then that assures that you will stay within the means of the card and would never go over the limit.

I would do the same for the other non-store credit cards as well.  Always pay in full, and don't be charged any interest.  Keep the reported balances low even if you pay in full, so as to keep your utilizations down on each card.

Just my two cents.

PS Oh yeah, before I forget, congratulations on your recent successes!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes!!

Message 8 of 10
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Nice job!!! It feels so good to take control of your finances Smiley Happy

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 9 of 10
kimbersleep
Contributor

Congratulations!

Positive news is just so great to hear.

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.