Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Line for Pay for Delete update on Experian

tag
ak129132
Established Member

Time Line for Pay for Delete update on Experian

Hello everyone,
I was checking my credit score last week and saw that it dropped a 100 points. I contacted the collection agency listed on my score and realized it was for a medical bill from 2007 which I did not receive as I was moving. I did not dispute it as the amount was ~300 and immediately paid it. I only discovered the "pay for delete" process later when I was researching this online.

Anwyay, a bit later in the day, I then received an email from the agency with an attachment saying this:

"This letter shall confirm that the above-mentioned account has been paid in full. Payment of $XXX has been received and posted to the account referenced above. We have also requested that it be deleted from the credit bureaus. Note that we can only request that it be deleted and you must follow up with the credit bureaus to ensure its deletion."

How long do you guys think will it take for my credit report to update. If I don't see any changes in a month, what are my options?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
montys_papa
Established Member

Re: Time Line for Pay for Delete update on Experian

I am in the same boat as you. I paid for a deletion, and am now waiting for the CRA to update. It has been 6 weeks, and I havent recieved an alert on scorewatch.

Message 2 of 5
J_G
Regular Contributor

Experian is the worst CB! They tend to not want to follow the rules. You should send Experian a letter with the PFD letter.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 3 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Sixty days, give or take a few.
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Locking thread to direct others here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Actual-mechanics-of-updating-credit-report/td...

This question has been asked in 3 separate threads.  Please do not double post.

guiness56 myFICO Moderator

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.