cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Cable - Can They Recall Collection??

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Re: Time Warner Cable - Can They Recall Collection??Cou

Could you please send me that address as well? I am also in a collections battle with TWC. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 41
poohda23
New Contributor

Re: Time Warner Cable - Can They Recall Collection??

I had a Time Warner on my credit report a few months ago.  I went into the office to pay it, then disputed it and it came right off.  Pay the teller and don't pay through the kiosk machine.

Message 12 of 41
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

I already paid and returned the equipment last october as I got a call about it. Smiley Sad 

How did you go about disputing it? With the CRA?

Message 13 of 41
Nicoantique
Established Member

I called them up, paid the outstanding and reinstated just internet only.

The collection just disappeared today worth 20 points!

Message 14 of 41
SunShine82

I'm having issues with Time Warner as well. I paid in full an account in 2011 and in December 2012 they re-opened the account with a balance saying I owed for equipment i didn't return!!! I returned all equipment. The thing about it is this account was from 2008! How do you go all these years and them all of a sudden I owe for equipment? I really need the email address to the president please. Customer service gave the number to In-house collections but its an answering service. Ughhh so frustrating!

Message 15 of 41
foreverb
Valued Member

I had a Time Warner on my cr for $748. I disputed it with one collection agency. A few weeks later I recieved a letter from Credit Protection Association stating that Time Warner was giving me a second chance, checked my credit report and it had been removed. I immediately started paying it off, so that it would not return to my credit report.
Message 16 of 41
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The answer to the basic question is yes, a creditor can always "recall" their collection to the extent that they can terminate the assigned collection authority.

However, a credtior cannot "recall" credit reporting made by their assigned debt collecton.

It is not their reporting, and they have no authority to delete it or require the debt collector to delete.

They can request the debt collector to delete, but since deletion based on payment of the debt is contrary to the written policy of the CRAs, I would imagine some reluctance on their part to request that the debt collector violate the terms of their credit reporting agreement.

Message 17 of 41
TARHEELGIRL82
Established Member

If you don't mind please send me the email address as well.  Thanks for your help!

Message 18 of 41
foreverb
Valued Member

When I disputed a collection account my cr from Time Warner... I got a letter about 2 weeks later from CPA ( Credit Protection Assocation) saying that Time Warner was giving me another chance, I immediately checked my credit reports and it had been removed. I then immediately began making payments to keep it from reporting again.
Message 19 of 41
TARHEELGIRL82
Established Member

Did you dispute with TWC or the CA? Thanks for your response!

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.