Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time since late on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time since late on credit report?

So I have both CCT and MyFico. I checked my CCT this morning and under time since late it says 4 months. I have not been late on a payment in OVER a year. Everything negative on my account is old collections (about to fall off) or old charge offs (about to fall off). Would any of these be able to report that I am late? My understanding is that since I never entered into an agreement with a collections company they cant report as late but can a charge off? I would appreciate ANY advice on what to do next! Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time since late on credit report?

This happened to me as well this month, only on Experian for some reason. I can't find anything marked late more recently than 5 years ago, but for some reason, it's saying my time since late is 2.5 years. I recently started paying on student loans again after BK, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it, but it's not being reported anywhere in the report, just says it in the overview. My most recent late I can find is Jan 2011. I'm hoping it resolves itself by itself, as there's nothing to disupte, and I'm not sure I'd even want to try disputing it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look to see when the account was last updated. Quite often when an account is updated the Fico algorithm 'sees' it as a 'new' late.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So would I dispute this? I went through my negatives and things were reporting as collections and charge off but nothing was showing "late"
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, you would not file a dispute of what a party who produces a commentcial credit report says or  infers from the reported history, or what a party who scores your report does or does not consider.  A dispute is limited to the information of record in your actual CRA credit file, and not comments made about it in a commercial report.

Contact the seller of the credit report and complain to them.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.