Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to face it......the long road back

tag
welshdan
New Contributor

Re: Time to face it......the long road back

So I disputed citibank back on 22nd.

Today (April 24th) citibank has been completely removed and fico 8 is up 7 points to 640.

Message 21 of 32
welshdan
New Contributor

Fico 8 up to 667 as of today due to citibank updating.

Bank of america was paid around April 22nd, how long should I give BofA to update the credit files?

Message 22 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@welshdan wrote:

Fico 8 up to 667 as of today due to citibank updating.

Bank of america was paid around April 22nd, how long should I give BofA to update the credit files?

BoA will report at the next statement date within a few days of the cut.

Message 23 of 32
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@welshdan Great accomplishment is such a short period of time . . . it too me over 1 year to actually come to grips and get my act together. It was members on this forum that helped me with my path forward action plan!!! Best wishes on your continued credit rebuild!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 24 of 32
welshdan
New Contributor

Current fico 8 is up to 704.

Both bank of americas have been updated to settled. Now it's just a matter of gardening and hoping for minor score updates for the next 9 to 12 months.

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@welshdan Great accomplishment is such a short period of time . . . it too me over 1 year to actually come to grips and get my act together. It was members on this forum that helped me with my path forward action plan!!! Best wishes on your continued credit rebuild!!!

Message 25 of 32
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

@welshdan wrote:

@FireMedic1 

Ultimately my end goal is to purchase a home. As the settled charged off accounts disappear slowly into the rear view mirror, how negatively could this affect a mortgage app in say 12 months? 

Of course for FHA I know mid 600s is a min and I hope to be at least there in 12 months, but does this seem to be a realistic goal? Or should I be prepared for a longer wait.

Actually, for FHA, you only need a minimum of 580 for FHA with 3.5% down.  Also, make sure you are checking your FICO scores.  Credit Karma uses the Vantage scoring system, which is totally irrelavent as no lenders use Vantage.  They pull only pull FICO scores.  Keep an eye on your 3 FICO mortage scores.  

Message 26 of 32
welshdan
New Contributor

@jrwa81 wrote:

@welshdan wrote:

@FireMedic1 

Ultimately my end goal is to purchase a home. As the settled charged off accounts disappear slowly into the rear view mirror, how negatively could this affect a mortgage app in say 12 months? 

Of course for FHA I know mid 600s is a min and I hope to be at least there in 12 months, but does this seem to be a realistic goal? Or should I be prepared for a longer wait.

Actually, for FHA, you only need a minimum of 580 for FHA with 3.5% down.  Also, make sure you are checking your FICO scores.  Credit Karma uses the Vantage scoring system, which is totally irrelavent as no lenders use Vantage.  They pull only pull FICO scores.  Keep an eye on your 3 FICO mortage scores.  

On experian under the mortgage tab my Fico Score 2 is 711, is that a legit score?

Message 27 of 32
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@welshdan wrote:

@jrwa81 wrote:

@welshdan wrote:

@FireMedic1 

On experian under the mortgage tab my Fico Score 2 is 711, is that a legit score?

That depends. Do you pay Experian for additional scores? What is the date associated with that score if you do?

If you're serious about mortgage scores, you need a 3B pull and that will tell you what the scores are at that moment in time. You will have to pay for that, but if you're serious about a mortgage then it's well worth it IMO. You can get them monthly through Experian or myFICO, but keep in mind that they don't update throughout the month like you see from FICO 8 on your subscription. Mortgage scores are only updated when you pull a 3B.

Note, that past due balances and lates are extremely penal on mortgage scores. Even 1 CO or Late will have a severe impact on the scores.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 28 of 32
welshdan
New Contributor

@TheKid2  Thanks for getting back to me and apologies it's been so long.

By 3B you mean three bureaus? If so I just ran my scores across all 3 bureaus on Experian after signing up for a free week trial (again)

Experian 714

Equifax 707

Transunion 700

So much has changed in the past 6 months, interest rates have risen but house prices in my area are starting to correct. Despite this my goal is still to try and buy a house this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Message 29 of 32
welshdan
New Contributor

I was able to get pre-approved for a mortgage and my mortgage score was 699 so not far off the 720 to get the best rates with the lender I'm working with. Hopefully am able to get my 21 point jump by paying off some credit card debt that I still own in the month of Feb.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.