Not applicable

Re: Time to get serious about rebuilding

Great progress!

Message 21 of 34
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. Keep at it. If the med collection doesnt work. Go to the provider in person ask to pay in leui of recalling the CA.

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

April Update. Scores are:

EQ: 638

TU: 643

EX: 640

Still working on getting the 2 medical collections removed via the HIPAA letter process. I did not receive a response from Convergent on the PFD request so still figuring that one out. 

I've continued to pay down my CC debts. The only one I've been using is the Capital One QS but I pay that in full each week. Should have the rest paid off by June. 

Revolving Utilization Tracker
AccountBalLimitUtilization %
First Premiere Bank 1 $           -   $       300.000%
First Premiere Bank 2 $    459.44 $       700.0066%
Merrick Bank $    585.80 $       750.0078%
Capital One $           -   $       500.000%
Target  $      89.39 $       300.0030%
Kohl's $      90.87 $       300.0030%
Care Credit $           -   $    1,000.000%
Total $  1,225.50 $    3,850.0032%

I was very pleased to see I now get the pre-qual for the Discover IT card. I don't plan on applying though right now as I'm trying to age my recently open account some. 

Hopefully if all goes well, the plan is to buy a house in the next year. 

Great job! You will be all paid up on those cards before you know it!

Good luck with the rest getting dealt with!

I enjoy seeing these updatss on progress. It really does give hope and show that it *can* be done!

Thanks!

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

May Update. Scores are:

EQ: 641

TU: 643

EX: 655

Very happy with the increases so far. It's nice to see the improvement that's been made in the last 3 months. 

Still waiting for responses on the two medical collections. Things are looking good on that end. One will be paid and hopefully removed, the other shouldn't be there in the first place so dealing with that. It's a process so I'm just working it. 

I paid Cox directly and Convergent update the reports already. I sent an email to their CEO asking for a goodwill removal and pleasantly surprised to receive a response the next day telling me they will be removing it. Awesome! They may not be open to a PFD but it seems they're open to goodwill removals. 

My next phase will consist of sending goodwill letters to a couple of my cards in hopes to get lates removed. None of them are none for doing so but I figure I might as well try. Fortunately the last lates I had were in Jun 2019 so their effect on my scores will be reduced after next month too due to age so that's nice. 

I've continued to make great strides at reducing the balances on all my cards, all should be paid off within next two months. I continue to use my QS1 card for just about everything and max it and PIF about 4-5 times a month always making sure it reports a $0 balance. One annoying thing about one of my other cards is First Premiere reports on the same day my statement cuts, so the $6 monthly fee is reported. It's annoying and I cannot wait to close them once the other balances are done. 

Here's my overal utilization:

First Premiere Bank 1 $           -   $       300.000%
First Premiere Bank 2 $    200.00 $       700.0029%
Merrick Bank $    603.15 $       750.0080%
Capital One $           -   $       600.000%
Target  $           -   $       300.000%
Kohl's $      90.87 $       300.0030%
Total $    894.02 $    3,950.0023%
Message 24 of 34
RSX
Valued Contributor

might as well close that FP-$300 right now -avoid the monthly payments and it reporting that $6 balance

your Util will stay under 29%, and that will total CL will be absorbed by the next months payments on all your CC's

With - 22.6%

Without - 24.4%

not a significant difference

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point. Kohl's will be paid off and $200 of Merrick will be paid next Friday so that will cancel out the increase in util due to closing it. Going to call them today.

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , Did you pay Cox or did you pay Convergent on the collection?

Great post by the way!! Very Inspiring!

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

June Update. Scores are:

EQ: 656

TU: 661

EX: 659

Still making moves. I've almost completely paid off all my CC balances. I expect the remainder will be done by the end of this month or mid next month. 

I have only two collections remaining on my credit reports. Still working on those. One has been paid and waiting for them to cash the payment to proceed to the next step. I'm hoping I'll have these removed in the next few months which should come with a little boost too. We'll see. 

Closed one of my crappy First Premiere cards today. Happy to be done with that. Hoping by the end of the year I can close the rest of the crappy ones. 

First Premiere Bank 1 $           -   $       3000%
First Premiere Bank 2 $151.77 $       700.0022%
Merrick Bank $419.10   $       750.0056%
Kohl's

$      -

$       300.000%
Total $    570.87 $    3,650.0016%
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

June Update. Scores are:

EQ: 656

TU: 661

EX: 659

Still making moves. I've almost completely paid off all my CC balances. I expect the remainder will be done by the end of this month or mid next month. 

I have only two collections remaining on my credit reports. Still working on those. One has been paid and waiting for them to cash the payment to proceed to the next step. I'm hoping I'll have these removed in the next few months which should come with a little boost too. We'll see. 

Closed one of my crappy First Premiere cards today. Happy to be done with that. Hoping by the end of the year I can close the rest of the crappy ones. 

First Premiere Bank 1 $           -   $       3000%
First Premiere Bank 2 $151.77 $       700.0022%
Merrick Bank $419.10   $       750.0056%
Kohl's

$      -

$       300.000%
Total $    570.87 $    3,650.0016%

Still more progress made!

Congrats!

That is so awesome to see how far you have come along!

That Merrick card will be done soon amd you should see a lil boost from that and that is great!

Did you close both FP? Includong the second one with a balance? If you did, just a side note, it is important that it is paid to $0 before closing or I believe that it increases your util to 100% on that card until paid off.

You are super close!

Fingers crossed that those CAs are off soon!

Keep us updated!

Edit: I am dumb, I re-read your post and realized you only closed 1 FP card! Great job! One less FP card to deal with!

Message 29 of 34
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Kicking ass and taking names on this venture. Then grab that Disco! You can close out all the fees cards afterwards.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.