Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips when calling bureaus to request EE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tips when calling bureaus to request EE

I plan on calling Each bureau on March 1 to request EE of about 5 old CAs that are due to come off in March, and June. I don’t trust TU will remove the March ones so I’m calling rather than waiting. They’ve changed the estimated removal date on their reports from Feb originally then to April and now June.Besides having my reports in front of me what else should I be prepared to say? Do I need the report number? What if account does not have the DOFD next to it? Do I need to cite FCRA if they give me a hard time? Some of the CAs reaged the DofD of the OC and I’m ready to have to explain that’s not allowed. Is it better to call on certain days or times? I’m nervous a bit. Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14
niecy357
Valued Member

Re: Tips when calling bureaus to request EE

TU removed two charge off that were due to come off in May and June. Equifax refused but updated the balances and Experian removed the one expected to fall off in May. I will call Experian in April to have June's charge off EE.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your scores jump yet/

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called TU for 2 old accounts that were slated to come off in (I want to say June..) and they took them off for me.

I called equifax and they wouldn’t budge. And I’m not even trying to deal with experian— it takes too long to get a person on the phone. TU has honestly been the best one for me.. granted, I had to ask for a supervisor and he knew what an EE was, and frontline didn’t know how to handle it other than to dispute it.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I plan on calling Each bureau on March 1 to request EE of about 5 old CAs that are due to come off in March, and June. I don’t trust TU will remove the March ones so I’m calling rather than waiting. They’ve changed the estimated removal date on their reports from Feb originally then to April and now June.Besides having my reports in front of me what else should I be prepared to say? Do I need the report number? What if account does not have the DOFD next to it? Do I need to cite FCRA if they give me a hard time? Some of the CAs reaged the DofD of the OC and I’m ready to have to explain that’s not allowed. Is it better to call on certain days or times? I’m nervous a bit. Thank you.

EEs are pretty easy to get done. Transunion will do them 6 months from DOFD. Experian will do them 3 months from DOFD. Equifax is tough. Maybe if lucky 1 month from DOFD. With them all you need to ask the frontline people you need to talk to a supervisor. This is important. The frontline will try to help but you should tell them this is for an EE, not a dispute and you need a supervisor. Then you tell the supervisor you want an EE from accounts about to fall off soon. All you need is the partial account number and account names. They will do the rest from there and tell you it’ll be done within 72 hours. But usually it’s done within an hour. They then send you a report that says the EEs they have done in the mail. Easy peasy :-)

Message 5 of 15
niecy357
Valued Member

Slowly but I have high utilization. 17 points and it must have increased more because Nordstrom Visa gave me an auto CLI SL 2500.00 to 4000.00. I am paying off cc so no where to go but up.
Message 6 of 15
niecy357
Valued Member

Yes Equifax would not budge for me either. TU the best only 1 (30) day late now dispute from June 2011. Experian I called removed 1 charge off. June I will have all baddies removed.
Message 7 of 15
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Equiax is by far the hardest. Iv'e called the a dozen times. TransUnion and Experian have removed all of my request as asked. Equifax still hasn't. My suggestion for them as i read on other post is to call them one month  before the dofd and request the EE. They will be more cooperative then. Good luck!

Message 8 of 15
BM3
Regular Contributor

I disputed online on TU and EXP, and it was very quck 3-5 days turnaround and easy.  (Advocating someone try to get EE by disputing online is a violation of our credit repair guidelines. Please refrain from this in the future)

Message 9 of 15
niecy357
Valued Member

BM3 When was it due to fall off?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.