Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tmobile Convergent Outsourcing Pay to Delete

tag
Sashamoor
Established Member

Tmobile Convergent Outsourcing Pay to Delete

I called convergent outsourcing regarding my tmobile account, I asked if I can do a pay to delete (after they validated my debt).

They said based on the contract they had with tmobile they can not. Did any one try to get there debt to tmobile recalled, which means it goes to t-mobile and you pay them instead of collections? This has been since 2017.

Please advise, trying to get a home.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tmobile Convergent Outsourcing Pay to Delete

@Sashamoor wrote:

I called convergent outsourcing regarding my tmobile account, I asked if I can do a pay to delete (after they validated my debt).

They said based on the contract they had with tmobile they can not. Did any one try to get there debt to tmobile recalled, which means it goes to t-mobile and you pay them instead of collections? This has been since 2017.

Please advise, trying to get a home.

Since they have a contract, it is very unlikely they will recall the debt and spend time trying to collect it.  The reason why it went into collections, is because they couldn't collect on it.  They would see this as futile.

However, why not ask??  A phone call.

If no luck - and depending on your timeframe - send GW letter to collection agency.  (long shot? yes, but worth the try)

Lastly, during a review of your file, it is better to have the collection balance at zero.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 12
Sashamoor
Established Member

Thank you I will give it a try

Message 3 of 12
Sashamoor
Established Member

So I went to t mobile and they are willing to take the payment, they still own the debt. Converget outsourcing confirmed they do not own the debt and if I pay tmobile they still will not remove my collection account off my credit.

Message 4 of 12
GaryB_5165

@Sashamoor  What did you do? My wife has a tmo collection with convergent. The delinquency date is December 2015, so it will fall off in just over a year, but we would love to get this removed before that. I was hoping a pfd would be possible with them. 

Message 5 of 12
Sashamoor
Established Member

I still haven't figured out what to do as of yet .

@GaryB_5165 wrote:

@Sashamoor  What did you do? My wife has a tmo collection with convergent. The delinquency date is December 2015, so it will fall off in just over a year, but we would love to get this removed before that. I was hoping a pfd would be possible with them. 

@GaryB_5165 wrote:

Message 6 of 12
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Sashamoor 

Good morning!

Might I suggest that you pull a copy of your credit report with each of the three CRAs (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) from annualcreditreport.com and you look - at each of the three independently - and confirm what is on it?  Or, have you done this already?

Once you have each of the three credit reports in hand, do you see the account for T-Mobile listed?  What is the field "Balance" reflect?  Do you see the account for Convergent Outsource listed?

It seems to be that T-Mobile still retains ownership of said debt and that they have employeed Convergent Outsource to attempt to collect said debt on their behalf.  That is what Convergent Outsource told you, correct (well, in so many words)?  I would love to see colloborating information (read: the credit reports).

I know that this likely seems like a step backwards, but I am a huge fan of knowing what the world sees (read: what is on the credit report).

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Sashamoor
Established Member

My credit report states convergent outsourcing 

original creditor: T- mobile

Message 8 of 12
Sashamoor
Established Member

So I paid a settlement with convergent, all they did was update the balance. They told me my account is closed with them, they can not furnish me a document the elicits that. 

long story short I will be paying the entire outstanding balance with T-Mobile, they still won't delete the collection. But I need this baddie taken care of to move forward with my conventional loan, I will keep you updated. 

Message 9 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Sashamoor wrote:

So I paid a settlement with convergent, all they did was update the balance. They told me my account is closed with them, they can not furnish me a document the elicits that. 

long story short I will be paying the entire outstanding balance with T-Mobile, they still won't delete the collection. But I need this baddie taken care of to move forward with my conventional loan, I will keep you updated. 

If you paid Convergent no need to pay T-Mobile. Its done. You can try GW letters as said above.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.