cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Goodwill/Dispute these items... Yes or No?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To Goodwill/Dispute these items... Yes or No?

Hey all, I've had a lot of success rebuilding so far thanks to these boards but have a number of items left to address on my report and am seeking some advice on how to proceed. Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Currently my credit reports show my last late payment as 1 year 5 months ago (see Capital One BuyPower below) and my AAoA as 5 years. My total CC utilization is about 25% of 30k. 

MEDICAL COLLECTION - $500

DOFD 9/2015

I recently did a WhyChat HIPAA letter on this to all three agencies,  and receivied a "DELETED" status back from Equifax and Transunion, but a "REMAINS" from Experian citing the collector certified the debt as valid. My EQ and TU FICO 8 scores went up about 15-20pts, EX unaffected. What should I do next? 

Capital One BuyPower Card - $0 CLOSED (30, 60, 90, 120 baddies)

DOFD 1/2016

This was an account that a local car dealership tricked me into opening. I didn't know that a card had been issued until I received a warning letter about it being sent to collections about 5 months later (the actual card had been sent to a different address). I called Capital One and explained that I did not authorize this account to be opened, that I had not received the card, and that it had never been used, and they apologized and agreed to wipe out the balance on the account (something like $15 annual fee plus numerous $35 late fees totaling $250) and closed it. Unfortunately this still shows baddies of 30, 60, 90, and 120 days on my report from 1/2016 to 5/2016. I just sent a goodwill email to the Capital One CEO explaining the situation. I'm hoping to have this entire account removed from my file. Anything else I should do here?

Capital One Platinum - $0 Open (30 baddie)

DOFD 9/2013

Have one 30 day baddie from 2013 (no idea what happened), otherwise account open and in good standing with zero lates since 2011. Should I try goodwill here?

Synchrony Walmart - $0 CHARGEOFF (Paid) (30, 60, 90, 120 baddies)

DOFD 7/2015

This was a card that I thought had been paid in full, but apparently had a small balance when I left town to deal with a family medical emergency for a few months. Came home to find a bunch of bills for late payment fees and finally a chargeoff. I paid it off immediately for around $180 and the account shows as closed as of 1/2016. I recently sent a goodwill email to Synchrony explaining the situation and hoping to have the entire account removed. Got a reply from a representative who is "investigating".

Mid America B&T Genesis Milestone - $0 Closed (30, 60 baddies)

DOFD 4/2015

I honestly have zero recollection of this account whatsoever. Research seems to suggest this is some sort of medical credit card? I've never had one of those... at some point in the past someone had the address changed on my Capital One account and had new cards sent to Miami without my permission... wondering if this is somehow related? My instinct is to immediately dispute this, however... it's showing as 30, 60 days late in 4/2015 after it was first opened, then paid and current until showing as closed in 4/2017... so even if this isn't my account, how much are a 30 and 60 day baddie from 2.5yrs ago hurting me? Is it better to just let this one be for sake of AAoA?

Sychrony Care Credit - $0 Open

Have a 30 day baddie from 2/2011 that should fall off this year. Otherwise account still active and in good standing (use for 0% promo purchase financing on veterinary expenses)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: To Goodwill/Dispute these items... Yes or No?

I'd keep doing the good will letters. As for Mid America B&T Genesis Milestone, I'd report that as fraud. Yes, it's helping you but you didn't open it, so someone has your information, which isn't a good thing. You do not want to let this slide. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.