Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To PFD, or not to PFD, that is the question

tag
Finance805
Valued Member

To PFD, or not to PFD, that is the question

I used to have a WAMU credit card that was charged off to a CA that I settled for less than the balance.  I called the CA up today and asked them on the remaining balance, to hopefully do a PFD, and was told that the amount that was forgiven was $1,767.57.  For some reason I originally thought it was a lesser amount and would be willing to do a PFD, however, at $1.7k I am not sure if it is worth it to PFD or just wait for it to fall off my reports. 

Per Equifax my Date of First Delinquency per the CA is 12/2007 and the Date Major Delinquency First Reported is 6/2008.  But for my WAMU card it was 11/2007 and 5/2008.

Any thoughts?

Side Note:  I do have two other negatives besides this Settled in Less than Full, my WAMU chargeoff and a AMEX collection

Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: To PFD, or not to PFD, that is the question

If you've already settled the account, try a GW letter to remove the TL. They had already accepted your offer/payment as satisfactory to them. What CA is this?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.