Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To pay or not to pay.......

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

To pay or not to pay.......

I have a collection agency refusing my PFD saying they cant and trying to trick me with false information. Thanks to this forum im a knowledgable young adult. Anyways, should i stand my ground and not pay until we reach a win win or should i pay to show a paid in full. Im not apping for anything until 2014 and have had sucessful PFD in the past. It just frustrates me because i didnt know about the collection until last week. I used to work for Cap1 and they did me wrong. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: To pay or not to pay.......

How old of a collection is it?

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 11
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Its almost a year old.

Message 3 of 11
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I would try PFD a couple more times, how were you contacting them (snail mail, email, fax, etc)?

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 4 of 11
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I tried speaking on the phone but the conversation became escalated. Now i only communicate through email. Im sending GW to cap1 because they put me in this situation.They fired me while pregnant and said they overpayed me then took the money from my checking account thus overdrawing my account. 

Message 5 of 11
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Who is the collection agency? How much is the debt? Have you considered settling for less just to have the balance at $0 for app purposes and starting a GW campaign after?

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

The collection agency is Appelles?? I believe. The debt is about $200 and if i had known they were trying to collect i would have paid it months ago. I am willing to pay in full they wont settle. They want it all up front and say they will never delete. She went on to tell me that the credit bureau MAKES them report snd i have to dispute with them. She thinks im ignorant. im trying to contact cap1 straight-foward to see what they will do but apparently the collection agency is part of Cap1. 

Message 7 of 11
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Have you tried contacting the bank, just to see if they are still in a position to accept the payment?  If the branch says no, contact the corporate office. 

They MAY be able to recall the debt if it hasn't been too long?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 8 of 11
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

yes right now im trying to contact someone at capital one bank but i dont know where to start. 

Message 9 of 11
awdsmama
Established Contributor

If you do an internet search for phrases like capital one executive email - or something similar i believe an executives email address will be shown in the top few results. 

I'd personlly go for that one, straight to the top.  

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.