Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To pay or not to pay?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: To pay or not to pay?

I agree with everyone to get rid of the baddie....oh my gosh, I'm so tired from dragging that "collection anchor" (good choice of words @Imthedevil) for seven years, I don't recommend the toll it takes on you.  If you do settle and before you do settle, get everything (all agreements) in writing from CA and file it in a safe place forever.  Good luck to you!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I paid it in full yesterday! They claim it will be reported on the 21st and then 30-45 days for the credit bureaus to update! Hopefully I will see a boost in my score.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If that’s your only negative, it should make a very nice difference. There are posts from others who have seen jumps of 40-80 points when that last one goes away. Hoping the same for you!
Message 13 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@ImTheDevil.....I got 57 pts. back in Nov.  (that was my last one)  I got a total of 101 pts. when 5 were removed between Sept and Nov. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laurachrissy, that’s what’s up. Awesome result!
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an update! I took the chance and paid the full balance and they did in fact delete it from my credit report!! Woohoo! It gave me quite a  boost!

Message 16 of 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yay!  Congratulations,  Super happy for you Smiley Wink    So your reports are all clean now, right? 

@Anonymous wrote:

As an update! I took the chance and paid the full balance and they did in fact delete it from my credit report!! Woohoo! It gave me quite a  boost!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ehhhh I just posted one other topic. I have ONE open collection acct from 2014 I wasnt even going to mess with so I didnt bring it up. BUT being that I had great advice on having this one removed.. I figured I'd ask what I could/should do about it.

Message 18 of 19
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ehhhh I just posted one other topic. I have ONE open collection acct from 2014 I wasnt even going to mess with so I didnt bring it up. BUT being that I had great advice on having this one removed.. I figured I'd ask what I could/should do about it.

Ah.. Cavalry Portfolio.   I know the name but I've never dealt with them so clueless about how they are with removals.   I'd pay / settle it only if they would agree to delete.  You should search the forums for 'Cavalry Portfolio' and see how others have dealt with them... & if they've had luck with deletion. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.