Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todd Bremer & Lawson

tag
deg757
Regular Contributor

Todd Bremer & Lawson

Has anyone had a paid collection deleted from Todd Bremer & and Lawson? They were collecting for Auburn University. I paid it in full way back in 2008 and I just called them and they said there was no way they could delete it. It is reporting as paid but I would really like it to go away since we are about to apply for a mortgage.

Starting scores 2/27/12 TU 605 EX 576 EQ 560
Current scores lender pull 9/6/12 TU 663 EX 629 EQ 645
Closed on our first home 10/26/2012!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Todd Bremer & Lawson

There is "a way" for them to delete... they simply report a deletion to the CRA.  That is not illegal or improper.

However, it is against their reporting agreement with the CRAs, which explicitly instruct furnishers not to delete based on payment of the debt.

To argue with them that they are incorrect in asserting that they "cannot" delete is a confrontation.  They can simply refuse to delete without any reason, and with their reporting agreement not to delete on that basis, you have a confrontation with no clout.

I would try to find a higher-up who might grant an exception as opposed to aguing with the party who is now asserting they cannot delete.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.