cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Credit Repair Companies, not enough results!

tag
Phenomenal_one

Too Many Credit Repair Companies, not enough results!

I have decided to take over my own credit journey since the last few havent worked out. I am in the process of bringing my car current but i was told that since it was late the last two months my score will not move for the next 2 years even if I was added to an authorized users card that has good history and credit limit. Has anyone else heard this? Im not sure what my next step should be if nothing is going to happen for 2 years.

Experian is only reporting this car bad and my credit card which although i pay on time every month. It was over the credit limit. I just paid all my 2 credit cards off in full.

Transunion has one bad account additional then experian that is in collections.

Equifax has a few accounts i just need to fix in general and will make arrangement to pay off.

Starting Score: 643 Experian 601 Transunion 624 Equifax
Current Score: 643 Experian 601 Transunion 624 Equifax
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too Many Credit Repair Companies, not enough results!

Good for you!  IMO, those repair companies are not needed!  Anyone can do what they do, however, it does take a lot of time!  It can be a very stressful process dealing with CA's and CRA's but once the work is done, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. 

Best of luck to you!  These forums hold a wealth of knowledge for getting the job done!

Message 2 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Phenomenal_one wrote:

I have decided to take over my own credit journey since the last few havent worked out. I am in the process of bringing my car current but i was told that since it was late the last two months ( Since you stated 2 months. That will be 1 30 and 1 60 day late which will drop your score as you know.  my score will not move for the next 2 years (They are correct it will take a couple years for the sting to fade. But it will still count against you.) even if I was added to an authorized users card that has good history and credit limit.(Adding an AU card probably wont make up for the effects of the recent lates unfortunately)  Has anyone else heard this? Im not sure what my next step should be if nothing is going to happen for 2 years. (Each CRA looks at AU's differently)

Experian is only reporting this car bad and my credit card which although i pay on time every month. It was over the credit limit. I just paid all my 2 credit cards off in full. Excellent!

Transunion has one bad account additional then experian that is in collections.

Equifax has a few accounts i just need to fix in general and will make arrangement to pay off.

Theres nothing a credit repair company can do that you cant do on your own. Save your $. Apply it to the collections. So with the recent lates and a collection (If not paid. Who is it from? Which CA. Might be one of the PFD companies)  Paying down your CC debt may help a little bit. But not by too much. Main thing is those recent lates. Yes it will take some aging for the recent effects to fade. From here on out. I'm not telling you anything you probably already know. Got to pay your bills on time from here on out. Dont charge what you dont have saved or can pay on payday. Its stop the bleeding time. Apply the bandage. And let time heal. Good Luck!

Message 3 of 6
Phenomenal_one

Thanks for your advice. I will pay my car current and maybe try my hand on the good will letter with hopes they will remove it. That way at least i can say i tried to do something. The car is giving me problems that im putting more money into it then in my bills. 

Starting Score: 643 Experian 601 Transunion 624 Equifax
Current Score: 643 Experian 601 Transunion 624 Equifax
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Posts that didn't meet the standards of our community (and associated replies) have been removed.

Please remember that all posts must abide by our 'Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful' (FSR) guidelines; it's not optional here

--UB

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry about the car. When you put your mind to tackle things. And you start to see the results. Then it gives you more incentive to get r done. Dont give up. It can be done. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this link out to help you with GW's:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.