cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too good to be true?

tag
Jordan515

Too good to be true?

I know nothing of credit aside from that mine was bad and I needed to fix it.  2 months ago I took out a secured credit card with a $500 deposit and have spend around $100 on it each month.  Also around 2 months ago I purchased a new vehicle and financed it.  When I bought the car they gave me my experian credit score of 598, I just pulled my experian today to see if there were any improvements ( I wasn't expecting much, maybe a few points or so) It's 681?!?!?! Is this a mistake?  I really feel like that's a HUGE number to jump up by in such a short period of time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PBAJ
Established Member

Re: Too good to be true?

Your Fico score is what the dealership pulled which can be a 100 points or so lower than what any of the 3 agencys are showing you as. You will always need to focus more on your fico score. That is what lenders see when you try to borrow.

Starting Score: 574
Current Score: EX 656 TU 679 Vantage 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As of now, EX does not sell their FICO score to the consumer and the only place to get it is through a lender/creditor.  However, sometime in the future (near I hope), EX has agreed to sell it again on myFICO.  Don't know the model and/or version yet.

Message 3 of 4
bmblbg
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

As of now, EX does not sell their FICO score to the consumer and the only place to get it is through a lender/creditor.  However, sometime in the future (near I hope), EX has agreed to sell it again on myFICO.  Don't know the model and/or version yet.

^^^That's exciting news Smiley Happy

Mortgage Scores:
11/26/2018 EQ: 542 EX: 610 TU: 548
8/30/2018 EQ: 571 EX: 504 TU: 533
7/30/2018: EQ: 598 EX: 591 TU: 608
4/5/2018 EQ: 543 EX: 522 TU: 467
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.