cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tools you can recommend to help rebuild credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tools you can recommend to help rebuild credit?

What tools would you recommend to someone that is trying to rebuild their credit?

There are a bunch of accounts on my report that are more than 7 1/2 years old but are still showing with incorrect dates of first deliquency (2002-04)... I don't think I have proof of the original older dates, but I'm going to start disputing through the mail.

Someone has recommended truecredit, is that a good choice? Can you really check your reports as often as you like?

Thank you..

Message Edited by PrincessP on 05-27-2008 12:03 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tools you can recommend to help rebuild credit?

I'm schizo when it comes to our CRs. I pull from this site all 3 for both DW and I twice monthly. I like to see the cause and effect relationships, score-wise. For monitoring, I opt for TrueCredit (TC). Seems to work well. For added assurance, I pull hard copies of each CR directly from each CRA every other month or so.

There is no harm in checking your CR.

Don't dispute unless you have proof of re-aging. Look for old receipts, cancelled checks, even old reports. Disputing old accounts can cause their deletion which could lead to a score drop (even with lates and derogs present). If paid, the best option would be to send them a GW. You may be able to also ask for a payment history/record, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.