Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Hot Mess!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Hot Mess!

All 3 of my credit reports I have pulled, its filled with disputes!

Verizon ....Called them they cant found any account info on me so i DV's them...that was 2/5/09 havent gotten my green card back. This is on all 3 reports.

Credit Protection Asso: reported it was a settlement. However I paid the OC in full and have a statement from them saying so. The letter I also got from CPA also says paid in full. This<settlement> is stated on Transunion and Equifax. Experian has it listed that I still owe $367.00.

Stanisccontr: This one was on my Transunion report but it fell off last week. I believe it was past the SOL. However Equifax is still showing it. Its a medical bill the date of service for it was back in 2002.

professional recovery: this is a medical bill for the same thing as above but I cant be sure this one is listed only on Experian. How do I found out what it is for? should i call them?

calavary portfolio: This one is being reported by all three they are showing it owed in full but it was settled. I called they said they reported it to the CBR's.

I have a tax lein that is scheduled to fall off in June but it has also been released as well. Along with another collection acct that will fall off at the same point as well.

The reason this is such a big problem is my total debt is:

Transunion: 22381

Experian: 23700

Equifax: 20685

18908.00 of this is owed to my car. 

can someone please tell me how to get rid of this stuff off my report? I would really like to buy a house by mid summer.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Total Hot Mess!

Here are my idle ramblings.  As for Verizon, you can’t DV them.  They are the OC,  You can only DV a third party CA or their attorney.DV letters do not involve a CRA.  The proper path with an OC is to file a dispute with each CRA to which they have reported under FCRA 611(a).  DV letters are  not the process for correcting credit reporting errors.    As for the CA accounts. the OC apparently retained ownership of their basic debt, but assigned it to the CA for collection assistance.  If you paid the OC for their portion of the debt, it should have included a proviso that this payment also absolved you of all obligation to their client, the CA.  Apparently, your settlement with the OC did not include that proviso.  The CA may have legitimate debt that they incurred in their collection activity, on top of the original OC debt, to which they may be entitled.   As for SOL expiration, that  has nothing to do with credit reporting.  Accounts do not drop off upon expiration of a state SOL.  SOL is a legal defense against lawsuits, and not a date that has any meaning under the FCRA. 

Just some things to ponder….

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding back Robert.

I would agree with you  but the CA is also saying it is paid in full in their letter to me. The person with it wrong is the the BIG 3. Should I just do a dispute to see if it can be corrected because the information is wrong?

On the other collection accts they are Medical Bills. California has a SOL of 4 yrs.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Hi midnight.

How are the CRAs wrong?

Paying either an OC or CA account does not remove it from your CR.

If an account was placed as a CO or collection, it remains for 7 1/2 years from the DOFD on the OC account.  Subsequent payments, in part or in full, do not have any impact on removal from credit scoring.

Yes, payment helps in a manual review, but not in credit scoring.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It must help in some way or u wouldnt be asked to pay off the debt for more credit. When my report was pulled to qualify for a mortgage I was told certain things have to be paid. Well I did pay them I have a letter from the collection agency showing paid in FULL. However when u look at the Credit Report it shows me OWING. Now anyone who pulls my report just got the wrong information. So who fixes that or is it just part of the game and there is nothing I can do about?

Message Edited by midnight_passion on 02-15-2009 05:57 AM
Message 5 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

I think what the previous poster is trying to say is just bc you paid it in full it DOES NOT remove it from your reports..the only case that this happens is with a CA and they agree to delete after pymt, you need to get this in writing..if your letter states they will remove once the collection is paid in full, then you can send the letter with all your proper documentation and then get it removed..but paying a CA never improves your score it  just shows as a paid collection on your CR

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry i should have made myself clear...the bill i paid in full I didnt expect it to be deleted. I do think it should reflect the zero balance since it is paid in full. If paying them off doesnt increase your score the score then something is definately wrong with my credit reports as I pay them off the score has increased. I've gone from 485 median score back in June of 2008 to 566 right today. I dont have credit cards. I only actually have my car payment.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.