Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade line not reporting

tag
Woodyou812
Valued Member

Trade line not reporting

I have 4 credit cards. Equifax and TU report all 4, but experian reports only 3. It's a shame, because the one they don't report is an old trade line, never been late, and it's less than 20% utilization.

Any idea on how to get experian to report it?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trade line not reporting

issue is not with EX, contact your lender, ask what their policy re this is. good luck
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this:

Update your address on file with them (the lender), something small like changing 123 Rainbow St. to 123 Rainbow Street

Just the change from St. to Street or Ave to Avenue is enough to prompt an update with CRA's. I've read several posters find this helped them.

Good Luck OP!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The earlier-mentioned address (or whatever) update may cause it to refresh onto your report, if the lender routinely reports to EX and the acocunt just hasn't been matched up to your file yet.

However, lenders are not required to report to all three bureaus.  Some don't.  If your lender is one that for whatever reason doesn't report to EX, nothing you can do will cause the account to appear.  Lenders are not required to report, at all.  Most do, of course, but there is nothing you can do to force one to report if they don't want to.  The only obligation to them is that if they do report, they do it accurately.  

Message 4 of 7
Woodyou812
Valued Member

I spoke with NFCU, they are claiming they do report to all 3. They do on other tradelines I have, just not this particular credit card.

I'm applying for the mortgage at the moment, and don't want to rock the boat, but it would probably help for me to have this report.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd recommend just trying the address trick and hopefully within the next 30 days it will get reported.
Message 6 of 7
Woodyou812
Valued Member

Done. I did it using their web site. The CC is supposed to report next week anyway, maybe it will go out to all three then.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.