Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union early exclusion question

tag
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Trans Union early exclusion question

TU for whatever reason likes EEs to be online disputed as "too old". Do that they fall off usually by close of business, that was my experience. 

As to when, go 6 months early.  So for 9/22 shoot for 3/22. Good luck

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 11 of 20
WomanITGeek
Contributor

I had a paid CO that was scheduled to be removed 5/22. Called TU yesterday and asked the customer service rep to remove the account early. He said he will see try or he can file a dispute on my behalf. I politely explained why I don't want a dispute opened and he understood. He said give him a few minutes to see what he can do. Came back and he said he was able to remove the account. No supervisor needed etc. This morning credit karma shows the account removed.

Experian is showing the account will be removed 8/22. Not sure why their removal date doesn't line up with Transunion. I will call around May and try for EE.

Equifax doesn't show any removal date and I'm not asking them for anything lol

AMEX Gold: NPSL | Citi Custom Cash: $16,600 | Chase Freedom Unlimited: $15,600 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $28,800 | Express (Comenity) $5000
Message 12 of 20

Thanks for your response. So, since today made march 1, what would be the exact reason i would click on the TU website? Just trying not to mess this up.

Message 13 of 20
virgo
Established Contributor

I just did it and it came off within seconds.

Going to my TransUnion. Go to the dispute section. Pick other. Put in the box too old to be on report.

This will only work if you're within the 6 months. 

Again I just did it and it was off in seconds.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work call transunion and have them remove the dispute.

Message 14 of 20
BobTheBuilder392
New Visitor

This just worked for me for my student loan charge off set to come off my TU in July.

I have an auto loan on my TU that has a DoFD of August 2015... I know I'm within the 6 months to request an EE from TU, but when I do that will they remove the entire tradeline of this auto loan or just the late payments I had? Outside of a few lates, I had this auto loan reporting for about 5 years with mostly positive reporting... wouldn't want it to negatively impact my AAoA if it gets removed. Actually my oldest account on my report right now.

Message 15 of 20
coolandcalm
Contributor

@BobTheBuilder392 wrote:

This just worked for me for my student loan charge off set to come off my TU in July.

I have an auto loan on my TU that has a DoFD of August 2015... I know I'm within the 6 months to request an EE from TU, but when I do that will they remove the entire tradeline of this auto loan or just the late payments I had? Outside of a few lates, I had this auto loan reporting for about 5 years with mostly positive reporting... wouldn't want it to negatively impact my AAoA if it gets removed. Actually my oldest account on my report right now.

EE is only for Charge offs, collections, and accounts of that sort.. not for late payments specifically. If the DOFD led to a charge off or closing for the account, then you can request EE and the entire tradeline will be removed. Otherwise the entire tradeline will continue on your file for up to 10 years, with each late payment falling off when they age 7 years.

A series of late payments, 30, 60, 90,120 should all fall off together when the first missed payment 7 year mark is met.

Message 16 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coolandcalm wrote:

@BobTheBuilder392 wrote:

EE is only for Charge offs, collections, and accounts of that sort.. not for late payments specifically. If the DOFD led to a charge off or closing for the account, then you can request EE and the entire tradeline will be removed. Otherwise the entire tradeline will continue on your file for up to 10 years, with each late payment falling off when they age 7 years.

A series of late payments, 30, 60, 90,120 should all fall off together when the first missed payment 7 year mark is met.

Not on all bureaus, though. I believe only TU deletes entire strings of lates. EX and EQ delete individual lates as they each reach 7 years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 17 of 20
coolandcalm
Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@coolandcalm wrote:

@BobTheBuilder392 wrote:

Not on all bureaus, though. I believe only TU deletes entire strings of lates. EX and EQ delete individual lates as they each reach 7 years.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/how-long-do-late-payments-stay-on-credit-reports/#:~:tex....

• If you bring an account current after the creditor reports the late payment, the late payment will fall off your credit reports after seven years. When there's a series of late payments, such as when your account goes 90 days past due, the entire series falls off seven years after the first late payment, or original delinquency date. If the account is still open, or was in good standing when it was closed, the account can remain on your credit report after the late payments fall off.

Hopefully.. Equifax does the same

Message 18 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coolandcalm wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@coolandcalm wrote:

@BobTheBuilder392 wrote:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/how-long-do-late-payments-stay-on-credit-reports/#:~:tex....

• If you bring an account current after the creditor reports the late payment, the late payment will fall off your credit reports after seven years. When there's a series of late payments, such as when your account goes 90 days past due, the entire series falls off seven years after the first late payment, or original delinquency date. If the account is still open, or was in good standing when it was closed, the account can remain on your credit report after the late payments fall off.

Hopefully.. Equifax does the same

Yes I couldn't remember if EX did it as well or not. I just know it's not consistent across all 3 bureaus that strings of lates fall off all at once.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 20
7774x
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@mwrobers wrote:

@Red1Blue I just disputed 3 items on spouses report with "two old to be on report" option, and all three were deleted in seconds. I've seen mention in several posts, but your's finally triggered the action, so thanks!

Hi @mwrobers Congratulations. Glad it worked for you. Hopefully you should see a gain in the scores. Rememebr for EX you have to check the drop off date on your report from www.FreeCreditReport.com and you can apply 30 days before that. Every on the forum say leave the EQ alone and let it drop off on its own. Good Luck.

My nephew's TU EE's  were dropped instantly..strange never called EX ,but EX also dropped what TU's  EEs had deleted  

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.