cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Class Action Lawsuit Settlement - is this legit?

Hello, I signed up before the deadline and as of today I have not heard anything else about this settlement.  It is true and you will receive a portion of funds divided by the number of claimants, the last class action I was involved in was the suit against Denny's where they were sued for being discriminatory against African Americans, which was indeed true, my party and I waited at the front of the restaurant where the signs says "please wait to be seated", we were waiting and waiting and finally a white couple came in behind us and was immediately seated, we argued with management about this and were offered a free meal (which we refused) and left.  I had originally filed a complaint with the NAACP and was told about the suit, I voiced my opinion that I did not want to join in on a class action because I happened to us at the time.  I was told I would have to hire my own attorney but could not afford to do so, and all I received from the class action was 250.00 for each person who filed. 

Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it happened to you then you are entitled to sign up, don't be greedy.....or file your own lawsuit so you can collect bigger money...

Message 32 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

What is this suit all about??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 42
midwestgirl44
Contributor

Without digging through a bunch of legal documents on the website I can say the order was signed 9/2008 and in it says that any leftover settlement monies are to be disbursed after two years of the order date, which means anyone that files now is out of luck. Don't sign up for this. You're just giving away your personal information to anyone that wants to hack that site now that it's not being maintained.

Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a part of the class action suit against Transunion - I got 6 months free access to my credit report which is still a mess. Because of the incorrect information I still get denied credit even thugh I am making good money and paying bills on time. The credit bureaus just want to keep people from getting credit. How can  get them to listen?

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got  a letter in the mail and a phone call asking for verification of my address. They said the check would be in the mail.

We will see.

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 37 of 42
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fredrickbrown.

Welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to ask the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--MarineVietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well is it Legit??

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES YES This is ligit.  I just got my check today HOWEVER some company called WATTS GUERRA CRAFT took 45% of my $443.00!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was so upset.  I dont remember where I found out about this class action lawsuit but I called and I got an email from the company listed above and I signed (electronically) to submit my claim and today my check came in for 209.75 I was expecting over 400.00 and no I know why!  They trick you to file as if you were doing it yourself and they do it and take almost half your money  Smiley Sad

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.