Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion EE On 2013 Repo And FICO Scoring

tag
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

TransUnion EE On 2013 Repo And FICO Scoring

I have a Repo I am going to request an EE on soon. The repo was in 2013 and now shows closed with a balance of $4219

My Sig is correct. I’m trying to figure out if I am going to take a big hit asking for this EE. It is updating every month.

This is the only baddie I have left. No lates.

My EX shows the following:

Oldest Open Account - DISCO - 8/months

Average Age Of Credit - 1/year 6/months

Newest Open Account - BB&T 3/months

Utilization is at 8%

Trying to figure out where my scores will be after this. Thanks everyone.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion EE On 2013 Repo And FICO Scoring

If it is updating every month you should see score improvement by getting EE, also it’s your last baddie so that should net you some points.

You will lose you’re oldest reporting account by removing it but it being a negative account isn’t helping you. I personally would vote for getting it EE.

Remember a supervisor has the ability to perform and EE. Front line reps don’t have the ability to do this, be clear with them you’re asking for EE and not disputing the account.

Good luck !!
Message 2 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@B1G Thank you! Trying to prepare myself if I am going to see a big hit because it’s my oldest account. I know it has to go.

A lot of progress since I started in May 2019.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing the last baddie makes your profile more attractive, to lenders and more importantly IMO yourself.

Congrats on the progress made since you’ve started in May !

Are you past the SOL on the repo debt ?

Message 4 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Yes, past the SOL. Thanks

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get rid of that baddie. Any point hit you will take will be temporary and having a clean report will open up doors with some creditors.

Message 6 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Just tried and the supervisor I got this time wasn’t very helpful. Want to dispute and she if the creditor wants to remove it.

Are you kidding....the creditor has been updating every month. I’ll call back and hope to get someone else.

Message 7 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your EE. HUCA Hang Up Call Again.

Message 8 of 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

I just hung up with TransUnion. Supervisor said she would remove it immediately and send me a copy of my CLEAN report.

Haha 😂. Only EX and EU to go. I am so happy everyone to get this off!!!

Don’t give up rebuilders. Keep calling.

Message 9 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your TU EE! Hopefully, that will push you over TU8 700.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.