Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion EE Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion EE Success

I had an older CapitalOne credit card which I had DOFD'd back in 12/2012. Originally, I had settled with them for roughly half of the amount due (something like $195 was written off) and it has sat around on my reports with a 30/60/90 of 1/2/8 for years, status as Paid, was a charge-off.  Overall, it was due to fall off on 11/2019.

Starting in April, I tried to call TU to get an early exclusion. They hemmed and hawed, saying they could only dispute, and that I would have to reach out to CapOne to have them remove it instead. CapOne said the same thing (plus the whole "we must report what is accurate" stuff). Figuring that it had now passed into May and it was well within the 6 month window for TU, I called again, spoke to a "Supervisor" and they told me they would do what they could. A week later, the account dropped off TU!

Part good, part bad for me - the account was by far my oldest on the report that isn't an AU, but getting the derogs off I feel had a much greater impact even if it was paid. Bummer that my AAoA dropped from 5 years down to 2, but you live and learn. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: TransUnion EE Success

At least the baddie is gone for good. This will help down the road as you rebuild more and more. Congrats!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TransUnion EE Success

Great you it removed. Keep up the good work Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.