TransUnion Early Exclusion FAIL!?

tag
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

TransUnion Early Exclusion FAIL!?

Date of first deliquency 1/2014

Collections account- Portfolio Recovery

TU reporting it be removed 1/2021

I did an online dispute on TU website last week for early exclusion.  Recieved a letter in the mail today dated the same day as the original dispute and the request was denied.

Am I too early?  Can I call? Or is it better to send a certified letter?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

Re: TransUnion Early Exclusion FAIL

I called in.  They told me the account wasn't on my report.

I just pulled my report through myfico and it's there.

I tried getting my report from TransUnion website directly, but it wouldnt let me because the investigation is still open.  

What's going on here?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tbh, I am not sure. It's unusual because unless things have changed in the last few months, Portfolio Recovery Services is known to delete after payment.

I would wait for the investigation with Transunion to clear up first.

I've seen it mentioned here that the "On record date" may have some EE built in. I would wait for a more experienced Myficoer to chime in. 

Message 3 of 16
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

Haven't made any payments, so it's not going to be deleted by Portfolio Recovery.

Looking for an early exclusion from TransUnion directly.

@Anonymous wrote:

Tbh, I am not sure. It's unusual because unless things have changed in the last few months, Portfolio Recovery Services is known to delete after payment.

I would wait for the investigation with Transunion to clear up first.

I've seen it mentioned here that the "On record date" may have some EE built in. I would wait for a more experienced Myficoer to chime in. 

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand now. Wait for Monday, call in and speak with a supervisor. Sometimes the regular agents don't know much about Early Exclusion so you have to speak with a supervisor. Make it clear that you would like the item deleted and so on. Since you've already tried it online, I suggest you call in. 

From my understanding, the change is pretty immediate and the deletion occurs in a few hours. 

Message 5 of 16
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

I agree.  

I am just seeing if anyone has personal experience where an item was deleted but because the dispute is pending, the report hadn't updated yet.

Message 6 of 16
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

TransUnion dispute center reporting:

status detail 3 of 4 complete

status updated 7/16/2020

estimated completion 8/16/2020

Message 7 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

For TU EE, it's best to call, ask to talk to supervisor. It typically works rather quickly.

When you use dispute method, you're basically telling them account is "too old" to be on your CR, however it hasn't reached legally mandated time for removal. 

Hopefully it works for you, but if it doesnt, I'd either leave it alone, or wait a bit after dispute is completed then call. 

Good luck! 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion Early Exclusion FAIL!?

@CreditFun wrote:

Date of first deliquency 1/2014

Collections account- Portfolio Recovery

TU reporting it be removed 1/2021

I did an online dispute on TU website last week for early exclusion.  Recieved a letter in the mail today dated the same day as the original dispute and the request was denied.

Am I too early?  Can I call? Or is it better to send a certified letter?

My SO had 8 TLs (4 CAs/4 OCs) removed on 6/1/2020 with a 12/2020 "estimated date of removal" according to TU.

It is my understanding from many DPs that some FIs/CAs are known to ask that the TLs not be excluded early. They are notified when they are removed via EE and they can ask to have them placed back on and if well known for this, the CB may outright deny the request. EE is a favor and not a requirement/policy, unfortunately.

It is usually quite easy and it was immediate for my SO. Within a couple hours we received an email stating it was successful and we pulled a new CR from annual CR and it was reflected with all 8 TPs being removed. By the next day we got updates on myFico of the removals.

I would definitely call in and directly ask for a supervisor and see what can be done, as you were not too early to request it.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 16
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

Re: TransUnion Early Exclusion FAIL!?

So I called, they are waiting on the conclusion of the investigation before removing the account from file. 

I had a total of 3 early exclusion requests.  Just waiting on 1 more. 

Wish it would update on a rolling basis. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.