Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion, unexpected & unexplained 30+ drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion, unexpected & unexplained 30+ drop

So I've been rebuilding my credit for 5+ years. When my journey started I was 20k in collections and was at a low of 35X fico. Today I have one $2k collection and a $8k charge-off (auto repossession) both of which are old and are in the process of being negotiated to be removed.

My scores sit at high 600's for EQ and EX, and mid 700's for TU or at least it did....

Last week I received an update that my score had dropped 30+ points on TU! I logged into my various Credit monitoring accounts to check and sure enough all showed the drop. Oddly enough though nothing has changed to my file. No new accounts, no late payments, no increase in overall debt, no decrease in available credit, no closed accounts, nothing! The only thing I did was pay a few hundred extra to two credit accounts that have a higher apr, and to bring my the utilization down but even those payments haven't shown up either.

I've worked really hard on my credit and things were always changing for the better but this was an unexpected shot to the gut.

All my accounts are in good standing with no late payments and my payment schedule hasn't changed. I am at a loss..

I though it was a fluke maybe, so gave it time to see the next update but the score stood the same.
I know some people are going to say something had to have changed but I've combed over the new report and cross-referenced to old reports and nothing has changed.

Any help or advice would be great!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: TransUnion, unexpected & unexplained 30+ drop

I wonder if that collection or charge-off may have suddenly updated?   That will trash your score ....

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No changes..

Also maybe I should have mentioned. The reason TU is higher than EQ and EX is because The Charge-off acct (repo) was removed from TU, been gone for a year now. all accounts are the same across the board when reference between Equifax Experian and transunion.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I logged into my various Credit monitoring accounts to check and sure enough all showed the drop. "

What exactly does that quote mean?  Are you saying that your TransUnion FICO 8 scored dropped 30 points?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No change in overall debt. No even a $5? What is your current utilization? If a small increase pushed you from, for example, 8% to 9% utilization that will drop your score.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

Original notification was from CK, I then checked my fico account and it indeed did drop.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no change. I did not use any credit , only paid as I normally do.
Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope, no change. I did not use any credit , only paid as I normally do.

If all your accounts reported 0. There ya go. 1 account has to report something.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.