cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion EE success via online dispute!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion EE success via online dispute!

I wanted to share this because it seems the generally accepted method for obtaining early removals is to call Transunion and ask to speak with a supervisor. Here's the experience I had during the process, I would imagine your personal experience may vary if you give it a shot. 

1) Tuesday at 11:30pm - disputed the last two public records on my TU report (both judgments). The first was set to fall off in 2021 and the second was set to fall off in October 2017.

On the first judgment set to fall off in 2021, I was able to negotiate with the law firm to withdraw the judgment and settle. I have a document from the court file to support this and planned on attaching to my dispute. Later I found out I had to mail the documentation in. I disputed using the reason "judgment was vacated, dismissed or filed in error" or something to that effect. 

On the second judgment, I chose "please verify all items, there are multiple discrepancies" simply because I couldn't find another option that was applicable. In the comments section I wrote "I am requesting a goodwill removal of this 2010 entry from my report. Thank you". 

2) Wednesday at 4:31pm - email from Transunion saying my investigation was complete. I thought I was screwed because I hadn't even mailed in my supporting documentation to Transunion yet. 

Opened the dispute and both items were deleted!

My Fico score hasn't updated yet, but it's only been a couple hours. I'm assuming since these were the past two negatives on my report, I should expect a decent jump, right? Anyone know how long it takes to update?

Anyways, I hope someone on the forums will find this helpful. I'm really excited to see how this affects my score, I've been working towards this for years!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion EE success via online dispute!

Chances are that the updates have been finalized in the TU database and if you were to pull your TU score (e.g., by applying for a loan) today you would see the results already.  When myFICO will become aware of the change, however, is a different story since the myFICO system is dependent on updates from the credit bureaus.

MyFICO doesn't control the timing of the alerts; each credit bureau seems to have its own internal system for determining under what circumstances to send out an update.  Equifax seems to send alerts most frequently, and Experian seems to have the greatest lag.  (Buried in this forum are posts describing the differences between the alerts sent by each bureau in technical detail.)

Just as a guess I would say that you will see an alert with a TU score change in less than a week, and possibly sooner.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were right, got an alert today, score jumped 50 points!

Now if I could just get the other two to hurry up!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deletions don't trigger updates for all bureaus. You'll see score updates when other triggering stuff happens, like a card's monthly statement reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.