Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion and early exclusion

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

Transunion and early exclusion

I have one last bad file reporting on my CR.  I somehow just got a copy of my Transunion report in the mail.  The bad one is still there unfortunately but when looking at it, it says "Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:  12/2019"  Does that mean I can call in early June and ask for EE or does that mean that December is the earliest I can ask for EE?  What is the time frame for EE for EQ and EX?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SSgtUSMC
New Contributor

Re: Transunion and early exclusion

You can call in June to get it removed (I just went through this process myself).  Transunion is very customer friendly (ask to speak to a Supervisor from the beginning) and Experian is a little more challenging since they allow only a 3 month EE.  Equifax seems to be the challenging one and regardless, they only allow a 1-month window for EE.

Message 2 of 7
disney2
Regular Contributor

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you.  Here's looking to November!

Message 3 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@disney2 wrote:

I have one last bad file reporting on my CR.  I somehow just got a copy of my Transunion report in the mail.  The bad one is still there unfortunately but when looking at it, it says "Estimated month and year that this item will be removed:  12/2019"  Does that mean I can call in early June and ask for EE or does that mean that December is the earliest I can ask for EE?  What is the time frame for EE for EQ and EX?

Up to six months  for TU, three for EX and one month for EQ. So, June for TU in your case. 

Sometimes EE works without a glitch, and other times it has disastrous effects for the remaining time on CR. Up to you to decide if it's worth it. 

Message 4 of 7
disney2
Regular Contributor

What disastrous effects?

Message 5 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@disney2 wrote:

What disastrous effects?

Being treated as dispute, coming back as verified. Feel free to use search function, you'll find those threads. 

It's not a process regulated by law and most front line CSRs, including some of the supervisors will handle it incorrectly. 

It's also fairly pointless these days, as most lenders will either HP multiple CRAs, or SP the ones they did not HP.  

You will have to decide if that short span of six months is worth possible complications or not. 

Good luck

Message 6 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

@disney2 wrote:

What disastrous effects?

In the case of one of mine (EX), they actually incorrectly reset the DOFD back from July to November.   Now I'm just afraid to touch it (and have no real reason to worry about it), so I just let it be.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.