Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion early exclusion

tag
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Transunion early exclusion

I submitted a request to have a old repo removed from my transunion credit report 2 days ago. I'm just wondering if it should be taking this long to get the results as I seen other peoples request getting done within a few hours. I submitted via there website. The repo is scheduled to drop off 12/2021. I also had a late payment on a fingerhut account scheduled to drop the same month so I submitted a request for that also. It may be since I done one for the late payment it could have caused it to get delayed.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Transunion early exclusion

Not sure what's holding up the EE on the repo, but I can tell you the fingerhut late isn't going anywhere. Early exclusion is only for charge offs, BKs, Repos, etc. Not for individual lates. Those you just have to wait for them to age off naturally, or you could write/email/call the creditor and try asking for GW removal of them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi @bbeaver2013 all the best with your early exclusion request. Keep us updated with the outcome.

Message 3 of 15
in4maous
Established Member

Where on your on credit report can you find the date when something is expected to fall off?  I want to do a round of early exclusions as well.  I am using the FICO 3B reports, but I don't see the date of removal.  Also, how many months in advance can you typically ask for removal and which CRAs are willing to listen?

Thanks

@Red1Blue wrote:

Hi @bbeaver2013 all the best with your early exclusion request. Keep us updated with the outcome.

@Red1Blue wrote:

Message 4 of 15
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

The Fico reports do not show this. Here are the early exclusion time frames:

TU - 6 months early

EX - 3 months early

EQ - 30 days early

Hope this helps.

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@in4maous wrote:

Where on your on credit report can you find the date when something is expected to fall off?  I want to do a round of early exclusions as well.  I am using the FICO 3B reports, but I don't see the date of removal.  Also, how many months in advance can you typically ask for removal and which CRAs are willing to listen?

Thanks

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

@in4maous You need to pull your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com to see that information.

Message 6 of 15
bbeaver2013
Contributor

I just got a email this morning and transunion has removed the repo from my credit report however the late payment from Fingerhut remains on my report. It will drop off in December so I'll just let it fall off on its own. I have 6 late pays left on a Wells Fargo account and those will all be gone by may of next year and I have one 90 day late left on a navy federal account which was included in my bk but it doesn't report that way. Should I dispute the navy federal account or just leave it be?

Message 7 of 15
7774x
Established Contributor

Get the free credit report .. Credit report like TU list removal dates ...right  under name of creditor reporting the black mark

Message 8 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I just got a email this morning and transunion has removed the repo from my credit report however the late payment from Fingerhut remains on my report. It will drop off in December so I'll just let it fall off on its own. I have 6 late pays left on a Wells Fargo account and those will all be gone by may of next year and I have one 90 day late left on a navy federal account which was included in my bk but it doesn't report that way. Should I dispute the navy federal account or just leave it be?

As I mentioned, individual lates don't qualify for EE.

And what were you thinking of disputing on the Navy federal account?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@bbeaver2013 wrote:

I submitted a request to have a old repo removed from my transunion credit report 2 days ago. I'm just wondering if it should be taking this long to get the results as I seen other peoples request getting done within a few hours. I submitted via there website. The repo is scheduled to drop off 12/2021. I also had a late payment on a fingerhut account scheduled to drop the same month so I submitted a request for that also. It may be since I done one for the late payment it could have caused it to get delayed.

How did yiu submit the request to TU?  Did you call them or submitted online ?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.