cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion kept late report, Experian and Equfax are clear!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion kept late report, Experian and Equfax are clear!

Hi Fico people, 

I am so glad that I have a chanse to write you and get some help. I will be short, and not want to take your time a lot.

I have Citibank credit card, and I have late fee 30day reported to equifax this year  in February. I did my research, and tried the goodwill letter and sent them explanation why it happened via certified mail. After a month, I received the dispute letters and emails from equifax.

I quickly realiazed, that that Citibank doing somethign in my favor. I was so hapyy, because after that my credit report was cleared and my fico went up to 60 and reach the 800ish. But after a month, transunion lowered my score, and reported that late fee in their records. I called back and forwards, no one took care of that. I opened dispute with them many times, asking that Citibank already cleared from my equifax, why they keep that? they told me many times, that my creditor citibank sent that, so I need to ask them to clear that. I called many times to Citibank, they said, "we are not reporting Transunion, we work only with Equifax". So, i really confused, 10 days ago, I pulled my credit report from 3 agencies, printed out, and sent to Transuion, to show that no Equifax, no Experian has that late, my record is clear, only they carry that late. But they still didn't resolve this issue, i got the mail from Citibank, that my account is correct... you know the standard mail.  So, I want to ask you to help me what to do???? what steps should I do to solve this issue? plase help...

thank you in advance, 

Sincerely, 

Aram M.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Transunion kept late report, Experian and Equfax are clear!

You can file a complaint with the CFPB and upload all supporting documents along with the results of the investigation results (dispute) that TU sent you.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

You can file a complaint with the CFPB and upload all supporting documents along with the results of the investigation results (dispute) that TU sent you.

hi, thank you for your valuable advice. I just finished the complaint and sent it. Hope they will find a way to fix this issue. Will keep the updates.

thank you again.

Message 3 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your welcome @Anonymous They have people at the CRA's who specifically deal with CFPB complaints. You got proof. They cant run from them or they'll be in hot water. Good Luck and yes keep us updated please!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure I will keep you updated!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi just wanted to update.

here is the back message from transunion from cfpb, and the despute result is the same... nothing changed.

please advice what to do...

Status
Company responded on 11/22/2019
Response Type
Closed with explanation

Company’s Response
After careful review, we have determined your complaint includes a dispute of information appearing on your credit report; therefore, we have forwarded your complaint to our consumer relations center for processing. Consumer Relations will enter your dispute into our system and review all information and any additional documentation you provide to determine next steps. We may also need to contact the data furnisher to verify the current status of the account. If the item has been disputed previously and verified as accurate, we will review any new information you are able to supply to determine whether we can take action. Within 30 days, we will close out your dispute and advise you of the results in writing. If after the completion of our investigation you have questions regarding the results, we encourage you to contact the creditor(s) directly. The business name, address, and, if available, telephone number of the source(s) of information contacted in connection with your dispute can be found in the “Investigation Results” document sent at the conclusion of your investigation. If you need to dispute information on your credit report in the future, you may dispute directly with TransUnion online at https://www.transunion.com/credit-disputes/dispute-your-credit. Should you have any further questions, please contact • www.transunion.com • (800) 916-8800 • P.O. Box 2000 Chester, PA 19016-2000

Message 6 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Time for Consumer finance attorney to clear it up possibly. Apparently TU is violating FRCA by reporting inaccurate info. @RobertEG  can elaborate more when he signs in on this matter better than I can. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much for your notes. I was wondering how can we involve  @RobertEG  to this issue?

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Time for Consumer finance attorney to clear it up possibly. Apparently TU is violating FRCA by reporting inaccurate info. @RobertEG  can elaborate more when he signs in on this matter better than I can. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 17
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you had a 30 day past due placed on your credit report and if so, was it place there as a result of you being 30 days past due? If so, then the data furnisher and transunion is reporting correctly, and that it would be up to the data furnisher (citibank) to submit the information needed to have it removed. If the data was reported incorrectly and they removed it but it got updated on transunion back to how it was, then it could be the data furnisher fault or the cra fault (if not both) and it should be corrected. I would first have citibank investigate to make sure their records are being up to date and everything is being submitted accordingly, then next I would give complete focus on TU to make sure the record is removed.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks a lot for that, i am also thinking the way to fix is under citibank control, I contacted to then with mail many times but they returned me back with the simple letter that all info is current and updated. I don’t know what to do? If they had not decided to help why they cleared from my equifax? And if so they did why they don’t want to clear from TU? Really confused
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.