Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion reply to my pre-hippa

tag
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Transunion reply to my pre-hippa

Ok, I did the pre-Hippa letter to CRA's.  I got this today from Transunion:

"Thank you for contacting Transunion.  Our goal is to maintain complete and accurate information on consumer credit reports.  We have provided the information below in response to your request.

Re: Verification Documents not Available

We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors.  When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and record the current status of the information.  We do not provide dispute verification responses recieved from creditors.  If you need to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts, then please contact your creditors directly.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Transunion at the address shown below, or visit us .....blah, blah, blah...."

Ok what the F%^& do I do with this?

HELP!!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: Transunion reply to my pre-hippa

Wow. I just sent off my pre-hipaa letters today... I will probably receive the same response.  How long did it take to get them. Have the others responded yet?
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 2 of 8
cw81
Frequent Contributor

From what i have read its an automatic response and your medical entry might be deleted soon wait for a while and check your reports
Message 3 of 8
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Surprisingly quick!  I did a no-no and faxed each letter instead of mailing.  I didn't read that till after I had already done it.  I'm always a day late and a dollar short!

I faxed them last Monday and just got the reponse today.  I was shocked!  But also disapointed.  I know I owe due to stupid money handeling and my ex.  Thats why he is an EX!

The most recent one is under 2 years old.  The rest are about 4.

Your Latest FICO® Scores

Message 4 of 8
cw81
Frequent Contributor

One thing you have to do is with the Hipaa you have to keep a paper trail of your correspondence so faxing is not ideal CMRR is the way to go because if you have to take legal action you can show that what steps were taken.

Please follow the steps outlined for medical collections to the letter in the future or you will end up with it being stuck on your report for ages.

Message Edited by cw81 on 08-05-2008 05:04 PM
Message 5 of 8
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

bummer! hopefully happydays or fused will chime in! good luck!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start over & send it CMRRR

And at the same time  send HIPAA letter to the OC with full payment.......CMRRR

On the check make it payable to the OC....on the back of the check write....for deposit onlt!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-05-2008 07:25 PM
Message 7 of 8
mberry117
Regular Contributor

I will do that today!!  Thanks so much!  I'll keep you posted.
Your Latest FICO® Scores

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.