Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transworld System and Direct Energy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transworld System and Direct Energy

I got an alert this morning from Experian that something had changed on my credit report.  I login to see that Transworld Systems has reported a deliquent account.  I have never received anything from them but called and they said that this was from a Direct Energy bill dated May 2017.  I have never received anything from Direct Energy either and have no problem paying it, however I have an issue with the fact that I haven't received anything from either company-to include phone calls.  Transworld has this dated as an Oct 2020 debt on my report, so my question is...what would be the best way to handle this?  The Transworld rep told me over the phone that they do not do PFD and obviously, this is not from Oct 2020 since DOS was May 2017.  What should I do to get the best outcome?

3 REPLIES 3
MegWhite

Re: Transworld System and Direct Energy

I actually got a letter in the mail saying the same thing.  That I owed for an unpaid Direct Energy Bill.  But I've never had Direct Energy.  Is this legit?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting that you've received something similar to this.  We did have a DE account and I'm currently trying to go back to 2017 in my banking records because I'm 99.99% sure that we paid it.  I just find it odd that we haven't received anything from either company until it was suddenly reported.

@MegWhite wrote:

I actually got a letter in the mail saying the same thing.  That I owed for an unpaid Direct Energy Bill.  But I've never had Direct Energy.  Is this legit?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transworld is the absolute worst and will not under any circumstance that I could find do PFD. They don't have to, but they are extremely ridgid. I have 2 such accounts with them for lab work, so medical, and then are completely inflexible. The both age off all CRs over the next year (conveniently they are 10 month apart in age), so I decided to wait them out.

Good luck!

Edit:

OP, the "open date" for their CA does not matter and it is legit: that is when they got and opened the account. They cannot say they opened a CA 3 years ago! This date has no bearing on the OC DoFD for the 7 year reporting period, so there is nothing to dispute there. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.