Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transworld Systems Inc.

tag
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Transworld Systems Inc.

So been having a fun time with this company, was told my charity care would take 60 days but was instantly approved based on documentation sent over to OC. What has occurred?

This resulted from a single service, and TSI has listed 3 individual collection accounts on all of my credit reports. Spoke to OC there should only be one account. TSI refused to fix it as they said that the way the line items were broken down it can be listed as seperate CA's. Already do not like these people. Either way I applied and was approved for full charity care which also was accepted by the OC. They advised TSI that the debt was satisfied. TSI has refused to remove the collection account despite full debt recall and payment by a federal assistance program.

After doing some discussion with my business attorney we were told by Experian that I simply need to submit proof that the debt was paid by an insurance program or federal assistance program, and the debt would be removed. Appearently they do not allow collections to remain listed that are paid by someone other than an individual. Follow-up calls with Equifax, and Transunion revealed they also have the same policies.

Has anyone else heard of this? We have submitted paperwork, and I will update once I get confirmation of removal from the 3 CB's.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transworld Systems Inc.

@cyrusvalentino wrote:

So been having a fun time with this company, was told my charity care would take 60 days but was instantly approved based on documentation sent over to OC. What has occurred?

This resulted from a single service, and TSI has listed 3 individual collection accounts on all of my credit reports. Spoke to OC there should only be one account. TSI refused to fix it as they said that the way the line items were broken down it can be listed as seperate CA's. Already do not like these people. Either way I applied and was approved for full charity care which also was accepted by the OC. They advised TSI that the debt was satisfied. TSI has refused to remove the collection account despite full debt recall and payment by a federal assistance program.

After doing some discussion with my business attorney we were told by Experian that I simply need to submit proof that the debt was paid by an insurance program or federal assistance program, and the debt would be removed. Appearently they do not allow collections to remain listed that are paid by someone other than an individual. Follow-up calls with Equifax, and Transunion revealed they also have the same policies.

Has anyone else heard of this? We have submitted paperwork, and I will update once I get confirmation of removal from the 3 CB's.

From my understanding there is a new-ish law stating that the CAs be removed if they are covered (i thought) by insurance, but perhaps anyone besides the individual counts, too. I thought this was only wothin 6 lonths of the account going into collections, but I am not well versed on this specific law.

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If the OC recalled the debt the CA has no choice but to remove per CRA rules, I would lodge a complaint directly with the CRA about it and that not withstanding file a BBB complaint against the CA for shoddy business practices.

Message 3 of 12
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

I'm in sort of the same boat. I'm wanting to pay the original creditor because the Transworld refuses to remove it even if paid. So, I was told by the original creditor I can pay them and supply documentation to the agencies to have it removed. I know a lot of people have problems Transworld. Do you have any update to see if that worked?? How do I contact the credit agencies directly to ask them?

Message 4 of 12
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

This company seems to have a lot of complaints.  Sounds like a class action is needed and/or direct sue.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

The reporting will be removed within 30 days per each CRA. I called into to their respective 800's, and spoke to a live represenative. They required proof it was paid to the OC, which means all entitlement to the debt for the CA to try to assert a claim would be removed especially give that the paying agency paid the OC and those funds cannot be passed to the CA pursuant to insurance and government guidelines in reference to those type of payments.

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 6 of 12
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

Even if I paid the OC after the collection was on the report? 

Message 7 of 12
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

They have a lot of bad behavior and numerous class action lawsuit they have lost including threatening to charge interest where not allowed, falsifying court documents, and so much more. It's a really shady company. I explained this to the hospital system, and they advised they do not use them it was for the doctors bill that they used them but it also was deemed eligible to be paid by Charity Care and paid in full.

Shadow Physicians the OC essentially stated they got paid, and will notify the CA but it is up to them to remove the account(s) based on their internal policy. The CA stated they will not remove them, and I questioned how can they not remove the reporting given that the debt was paid to the OC by a federal aid program removing any claim or right to the debt. They simply told me it was their policy, and suck it up essentially.

All CRA's disagreed fully with TSI's stance. They stated because the debt was paid by an insurance or federal assistance program the hospital must recall the debt as their contracts with both require that any funds collected must be applied to the debt and no other purpose including CA fees invalidating the CA account.

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 8 of 12
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

@Cjethompson2017 - In this situation it is only required to be removed if the medical debt is paid by an insurance policy or federal assistance program (medicaid, medicare, charity care, etc). If you or another individual pays the debt, I am not sure if the same would apply or be required or enforceable.

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 9 of 12
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

I think I may just try to supply my documentation to the credit agencies to see if they'll remove. It obviously makes no difference for me to contact the collection agency. They should be out of business. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.