Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried the first premier email tactic

tag
amckee
Established Member

Tried the first premier email tactic

This is what they replayed bsck hopefully they send me a deletion letter like everyone else since there reporting inaccurate across all three cras.    Praying 🙏

EB12ACAA-3AD5-4BEC-A746-E0D25C3EA15E.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Tried the first premier email tactic

Note that if there are inaccuracies, they aren't required to delete the entire TL, only correct the inaccuracies.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 14
amckee
Established Member

Your correct but i seen dozens send the same letter and they delete it since it's paid off and 3 years old i didn't provide them with the inaccuracies i just said it was and that i want them verified 

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Note that if there are inaccuracies, they aren't required to delete the entire TL, only correct the inaccuracies.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them an email a few weeks ago and gave them my address to send all correspondence. I did reference the inaccuracies reported on my CRs and to verify the debt. You know what they did? They sent me a letter, plus copies of the statements of my old account, and my last payment to them (including the late fees and interest). They just updated the correct dates, amount, and such across all 3 CRAs. No deletion. To stop them from reporting monthly, I paid them. It will fall off in 2023 anyways. 

Message 4 of 14
amckee
Established Member

I left it up to them to verify snd mines been paid for 2/3 years hopefully that helps me out 

Message 5 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@amckee wrote:

Your correct but i seen dozens send the same letter and they delete it since it's paid off and 3 years old i didn't provide them with the inaccuracies i just said it was and that i want them verified 

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I understand, but just because it worked for others, doesn't guarantee it'll work for you. The fact that it's 3 years old and paid off doesn't mean they're required to delete. I'm just saying to temper your expectations, as well as to inform lurkers/future lurkers of one potential outcome which is obviously not what anyone wants, but is very possible.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amckee wrote:

This is what they replayed bsck hopefully they send me a deletion letter like everyone else since there reporting inaccurate across all three cras.    Praying 🙏

EB12ACAA-3AD5-4BEC-A746-E0D25C3EA15E.jpeg

@amckee @OmarGB9 @Anonymous 

First Premier has been known to be pretty good about accepting GW requests, but this what I understand:

GW requests are just that, a favor. Someone (person or company) will unlikely do any favors if you haven't paid them back, lay blame on them, or not take accountability (disputing accurate lates).

A good GW letter is short and to the point, but persuasive, and unique - not a template they have seen hundreds of other times.

It explains what happened (briefly), that you take accountability/apologize, what you have done to correct it (auto pay set up, have a savings with funds to cover bills so you will not miss a payment in the future, paid/settled the CA/CO balance, etc.), and your request (delete TL if CO, or have lates removed if open/closed in otherwise good standing - removing lates on a CO does nothing for your scores, you need the whole TL deleted).

Being honest, straightforward, swallowing a bit of pride, and giving your own story is going to get one further with a GW request. Not all creditors are receptive to them no matter how persuasive, but some can end up helping you out with continued efforts or you are making a GW request with a creditor known to be more likely to accept them. I feel like it is always worth the effort if you have some time before they age off.

I hope this helps someone.

Message 7 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

@amckee wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

There are a slew of posts from  2009-2015 of successful FP deletions -- all during and post a massive predatory lending lawsuit. 

Things have changed since then. You'll notice the number of successful deletions has dwindled to just a small handful and few, if any, were the result of a single dispute, rather a long-term back and forth including several disputes (with legit reporting in accuracies that remained uncorrected throughout the process)  via multiple entities. 

I hope you're successful but you may want to temper your expectations. Good luck!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 8 of 14
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@amckee @OmarGB9 @Anonymous 

First Premier has been known to be pretty good about accepting GW requests---

Lol, when? Is accepting GWs a new thing for them (like post-2018)? It could be as I havent dealt with them since then but they state specifically on their blog that they do not entertain goodwills.

http://www.premierperspectives.com/tag/goodwill-letter-requests/

GWs surely did not work at all in my case- I had to fight tooth and nail showing multiple reporting inaccuracies to finally get a deletion of a 5.5 year old paid chargeoff.  Took nearly 2 years before I was successful; tho ultimately, I think they just got tired of me--  granted that's just my experience but it holds true for most others I've seen post their experiences. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 9 of 14
amckee
Established Member

All i can do is

hope and pray i filed with cfpb.   Against all three cras.  Plus direct disputes with fp and cras 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.