Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueAccord or LVNV?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueAccord or LVNV?

I have a collection on my credit reports from LVNV and it's showing up on their website as still owned by them but recently I've been receiving emails from TrueAccord for the same debt.... 

Are they the same company or is LVNV using them to help collect the debt? I'm not sure who I should pay?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TrueAccord or LVNV?

True Accord is acting LVNV’s behalf to get you to pay before an attorney gets involved. They do not put anything from them on your credit report.

I just finished paying off True Accord for a collection that my wife had on a Credit1 card. True Accord was very easy to work with, let me set up a payment plan and sent a receipt every time I made a payment. I just paid it off last Friday, so now waiting to see the update from LVNV stating $0 balance, then a GW campaign to Credit1 to get their account deleted.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 8
Alexj931
New Contributor

Does this mean we should do a PFD to TrueAccord or still to LVNV - im haing the same issue I have the money to pay for it but I dont know who to send the PFD letter to ?

thanks,

Current Score: 587/568/576
Goal Score in 3 months= 620
Message 4 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Alexj931 wrote:

Does this mean we should do a PFD to TrueAccord or still to LVNV - im haing the same issue I have the money to pay for it but I dont know who to send the PFD letter to ?

thanks,

You'd be sending it LVNV, but getting PFD granted by them would be a minor miracle. 

Good luck, though

LVNV buys large amounts of debt in bulk, than uses third part such as True Accord or Resurgent to collect from them. LVNV owns the debt, the others are just collecting on their behalf. 

Good luck 

Message 5 of 8
Alexj931
New Contributor

Thanks !!!!! This sucks I have two from these folks. 

One for 260 the other for roughly 400 and some change. The 400 dollar one, is the one Truaccord and the 260 is Firstsource Adavantage but still states owned by LVNV... ugh. 

thanks, 

Message 6 of 8
Alexj931
New Contributor

Just thought of a question: 

If i sent TrueAccord a PFD letter on behalf of LVNV (like specifially put in letter that LVNV/TrucAccord), and they accept? Wouldnt LVNV have to honor that per say ? 

Message 7 of 8
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

Hello, you cannot send the PFD to TruAccord on LVNV behalf. I have also worked with TrueAccord for a lot of old debts I had. Like the previous poster mentioned they are quite easy to work with. You can setup your payment plan online and will let you do small payments. I would strongly encourage to not ignore this as LVNV is known for suing people. I had them sue me for a debt from Credit One and garnished my bank account for everything it had (about 1200$ at the time). So I would just get with LVNV and ask them to do a PFD. Once I was garnished by them I actually got it removed from my CR quite easily.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.