Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truist 30 Day Late

tag
jammer0225

Truist 30 Day Late

Hello, 

I'm writing this just sick to my stomach. I had a car loan with Suntrust that recently merged with Truist. My car payment went 32 days past due because I thought it was on auto pay. I didn't notice that it hadn't left the bank which is my fault. I had perfect payments with Suntrust. This merger has been a nightmare and I can't access my online account nor have I received anything by mail about the merger/my account number. Do I have any recourse on this 30 day late they're about to put on my credit? I just want to cry because I work SO hard to keep my credit good. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Truist 30 Day Late

@jammer0225 wrote:

Hello, 

I'm writing this just sick to my stomach. I had a car loan with Suntrust that recently merged with Truist. My car payment went 32 days past due because I thought it was on auto pay. I didn't notice that it hadn't left the bank which is my fault. I had perfect payments with Suntrust. This merger has been a nightmare and I can't access my online account nor have I received anything by mail about the merger/my account number. Do I have any recourse on this 30 day late they're about to put on my credit? I just want to cry because I work SO hard to keep my credit good. 

Call them and explain why... If you get nowhere write a letter to the office of the CEO or President. I would put it on automatic push payment out of your bank account so this doesnt happen again.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
jrwa81
Regular Contributor

Re: Truist 30 Day Late

Send a goodwill letter/email.  Explain that it was a simple oversight on your part because you thought it was on auto pay, but it was not.  Make sure to put emphasis on your perfect payment history prior.  They might be willing to remove the late payment as a courtesy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.