Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Rebuild My Credit But Don't Know How

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to Rebuild My Credit But Don't Know How

Hi everyone!

So I have been thinking a lot about my credit lately and I want to bring my score up and get rid of the negatives on my credit report but I don't know how to go about doing that. I have 2 negative account (1 with Sprint, 1 with Time Warner Cable), I also have a negative account with LVNV but I don't know what that is. Lastly, I have one with Credit One Bank that says "$200 Charge-Off". This was a credit card I got myself when I has 16 or 17 (don't know if that makes a difference).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to Rebuild My Credit But Don't Know How

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Who is reporting the Sprint and TWC accounts?

For LVNV, send them a DV letter. If they verify and you agree, then send them a PFD.

If Credit One is reporting, they should be reporting at $0. If so, send them a GW. Don't mention you opened the account prior to age 18. I think that's bank fraud.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Read there is a lot of information here and the knowledge base of these folks is astounding, the main thing is relax, read, and take it all in

as it is a semi slow process to begin with but then things happen fast when you take the right steps with dealing with your creditors, youv come to the right place for sure and good luck..

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! And thank you for the reply!

So from what it says Sprint and TWC are both reporting for themselves, so I guess it's not in collections.

Credit One is reporting at $0.

Does any of this stuff mean anything bad or good? Smiley Indifferent

I'm sorry, I'm completely CLUELESS to all this stuff!

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi! And thank you for the reply!

So from what it says Sprint and TWC are both reporting for themselves, so I guess it's not in collections.

Credit One is reporting at $0.

Does any of this stuff mean anything bad or good? Smiley Indifferent

I'm sorry, I'm completely CLUELESS to all this stuff!

Sprint and TWC should be reporting as COs. There's nothing you can do to make the reporting look better so aim for a deletion. Since they are reporting, mail each of them a PFD letter. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete.

Credit One is reporting $0 because they sold it to the CA. Your only option is to send CreditOne a GW letter either asking if they wouldn't mind deleting or ask them to remove the lates and any CO reference.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.