Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get 5 things deleted & more questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get 5 things deleted & more questions

So I wrote DV letters to 3 collection agencies and 2 to Synchrony to get things deleted off my credit report. I currently have a 591 score, but am hoping to get to 650 in the next 6 months. Has anyone had success with getting th following CO agencies to delete:

-Midland- $999 (this is from the Synchrony Amazon card where the original charged off balance was only $539). DOFD: 9/2015

-Cavalry- $1379 (with Care Credit) DOFD: 5/2013

-Acceptance Now. They are ridiculous. The original bill was only $700 and now it ballooned to over $2200. DOFD: 3/2015

Questions: Can the original creditor and collection agency both be on my credit report for the same thing?

What would be the best route to get the Synchrony Bank items deleted if they validate the debt?

Could I ask them to buy back the debt so I can pay them directly, worst case scenario?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get 5 things deleted & more questions

Yes both OC and CA can be on your credit reports....   

What is the DOFD for all of your collection accounts?

Did you dispute anything yet with the CRAs?

If you provide a little more info many on the boards can help you.    There are many people who were able to dispute and get items removed from their credit reports for various reasons.   But in order to help, Folks need a little more info..

Good Luck

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes both OC and CA can be on your credit reports....   

What is the DOFD for all of your collection accounts? 

Did you dispute anything yet with the CRAs?

If you provide a little more info many on the boards can help you.    There are many people who were able to dispute and get items removed from their credit reports for various reasons.   But in order to help, Folks need a little more info..

Good Luck

Ok I updated my posts with the DofD's. 

I disputed everything to all CRA's and collection agencies this past weekend. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What your basis for disputing them?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That they're not mine. That's how I got stuff off last time. 

Message 5 of 9
jg1983
Regular Contributor

I was able to get 2 collection accounts removed. The first one I wrote a dispute letter (must state somewhere in the letter "this is a letter of dispute") to the CRAs and it was deleted from all 3 within weeks. Just state in your letter you have never heard of that business and to your knowledge you have no debt with them. At that point the burden of proof is on the collection agency and most times they don't want to waste the time responding to the CRAs. The second collections account I had I sent a dispute letter directly to the collection agency. They removed the account from Experian and TransUnion but it remained on Equifax. I sent a similar dispute letter to what I described above to Equifax and the account was removed within weeks. In my experience collection agencies aren't too difficult to deal with. Maybe I got lucky but my theory is 9 times out of 10 the collection agencies want to concentrate on easy targets and would rather wipe their hands of people who challenge them. It's just the cost of doing business for them. They aren't out much if they lose your account because they pay pennies on the dollar for the debts they have. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are the Collections reporting?      I am assuming you have a copy of your actual reports from the the 3 CRA's.... Check and see if there are any discrepancies between the OC and the CA reporting data.     Are the CA's reporting as Data Factoring Accounts or Collection Accounts?     I would suggest the 1-2 punch method in your disputing process but you already mailed it all out.    The account listed from $700 to $2200 seems way too much for just simple fees...  I would investigate that one more.... If you have your reports if you could copy and paste them minus personal info and account #'s that would help to get a better idea....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 7 of 9
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

OP are these your accounts?
Also, Midland will sue for much less so I would be very careful with this CA. Midland does have a new policy that makes a PFD possible . I would probably go that route with them first if indeed the debt is yours
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How are the Collections reporting?      I am assuming you have a copy of your actual reports from the the 3 CRA's.... Check and see if there are any discrepancies between the OC and the CA reporting data.     Are the CA's reporting as Data Factoring Accounts or Collection Accounts?     I would suggest the 1-2 punch method in your disputing process but you already mailed it all out.    The account listed from $700 to $2200 seems way too much for just simple fees...  I would investigate that one more.... If you have your reports if you could copy and paste them minus personal info and account #'s that would help to get a better idea....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

how do i copy and paste on here?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.