cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to recover from these derogatory items... Has anyone had success deleting?? NEED HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to recover from these derogatory items... Has anyone had success deleting?? NEED HELP!

Hi everyone!

So, I'm new here and I am looking forward to conquer my credit score from now on! I have a few items that are holding me back though and I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has successfully had these negative items removed as follows...

Regional Acceptance

Status - Account charged off. $10,745 written off.

Updated  - 04/2019

Balance - $12,308

Last Activity - 08/2014

Credit One Bank

Late payments - 12/2018 , 01/2019

30/60 days late

Current Status - OK

Shell Federal Cu

Late payments - 12/2018 , 02/2019

30/30 days late

Current Status - OK

Comenity Bank/Expres

Late payments - 12/2018 , 01/2019 , 02/2019 , 03/2019

30/60/90/120 days late

Current Status - OK

Any suggestions will help! 

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to recover from these derogatory items... Has anyone had success deleting?? NEED HELP!

I would go after the Comenity lates first, then if you can get those wiped out look at the CO. Depending on your state you might be out of the SOL (assuming last activity is also your DOFD) and you’re “only” 2 years away from it falling off. If it was me I wouldn’t touch the CO until the brand new 90 and 120 are gone.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to recover from these derogatory items... Has anyone had success deleting?? NEED HELP!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!

So, I'm new here and I am looking forward to conquer my credit score from now on! I have a few items that are holding me back though and I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has successfully had these negative items removed as follows...

Regional Acceptance

Status - Account charged off. $10,745 written off.

Updated  - 04/2019

Balance - $12,308

Last Activity - 08/2014

Credit One Bank

Late payments - 12/2018 , 01/2019

30/60 days late

Current Status - OK

Shell Federal Cu

Late payments - 12/2018 , 02/2019

30/30 days late

Current Status - OK

Comenity Bank/Expres

Late payments - 12/2018 , 01/2019 , 02/2019 , 03/2019

30/60/90/120 days late

Current Status - OK

Any suggestions will help! 

Thanks!!

Regarding your Regional Acceptance CO- what is the official DoFD (date of first delinquency)? It is probably going to be a good 3-6 months before it was sent to collections. If you have no reason to apply for anything in the next two years, I would sit tight on that one. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pay it, just let it age off first. You might be closer to having it age off than you realize...

Regarding your other 30-120 day lates, if you had a situation that prevented you from paying all of these, try writing GW (good will) letters to see if you can get them to remove them. It may not work the first time or the eighth time, but keep trying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. GL!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a 30 day late from credit one removed. Mine was from 12/2017 and I disputed it in 5/2019. In my dispute I said the payment was covered by their credit protection plan and they removed it.  Good luck with your rebuild.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the CO for Regional Acceptance began in September 2014 and the status has not changed. I believe this company has their own internal collections department. As far as the GW letters, i tried to call but i'm definitely going to attempt sending those. My goals are to obtain a mortgage loan next year to move my family in a more suitable environment and not to mention, rent is money i'm throwing down the drain. With these negative items it is quite a long journey up the ladder. I was advised by an individual from a certain company ("credit repair experts") that I should close all my credit card accounts but not before obtaining new ones. That way I can have more accounts with positive history and the closed accounts are easier to dispute, or so he said... I'm pretty skeptical about certain techniques that i've not heard of.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.