cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

my fiance and I are trying to fix his credit so that we are able to get a home loan. He is a veteran and is able to qualify for the VA guarantee of up to 36k(with approved credit). His credit is horrible though, we don't have copies yet, but I have seen numbers off of credit karma(540 and one lower) this is what I know is on his credit: a vehicle loan that his ex-wife was to assume per their divorce agreement, several old accounts that are closed with a zero balance, direct TV, sprint and an eviction. The debt that is owed, I have quite a bit of money to pay in full now, but I honestly don't know what or how to go about these things. The eviction, was settled. Please help!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

*from what I can see there are 7 closed accounts with no missed payments(that's good right?) And 4 or 5 accounts we need to settle. How quickly can we get it raised?

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

Starting.with closed accounts that either have a balance or still owe, I would contact the agency and try for pay for deletion. On the closed accounts that are paid, if they are collections, you can try sending out goodwill deletion letters.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.