cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

my fiance and I are trying to fix his credit so that we are able to get a home loan. He is a veteran and is able to qualify for the VA guarantee of up to 36k(with approved credit). His credit is horrible though, we don't have copies yet, but I have seen numbers off of credit karma(540 and one lower) this is what I know is on his credit: a vehicle loan that his ex-wife was to assume per their divorce agreement, several old accounts that are closed with a zero balance, direct TV, sprint and an eviction. The debt that is owed, I have quite a bit of money to pay in full now, but I honestly don't know what or how to go about these things. The eviction, was settled. Please help!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES

Re: Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

*from what I can see there are 7 closed accounts with no missed payments(that's good right?) And 4 or 5 accounts we need to settle. How quickly can we get it raised?

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to repair credit and clueless, please help!

Starting.with closed accounts that either have a balance or still owe, I would contact the agency and try for pay for deletion. On the closed accounts that are paid, if they are collections, you can try sending out goodwill deletion letters.
Message 3 of 3