Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to turn the page...

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to turn the page...

@jhoffa34 wrote:

does anyone think sending an offer on all 3 accounts from AFNI in the form of a PFD is a bad idea...offering 40% of debt owed.

Follow the debt validation process first. 

I've read about some success with settling AND getting PFD, but i can't imagine it's commonplace.  YMMV and I'm sure more can offer their advice

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 11 of 21
jhoffa34
Established Member

Thanks Jutz, ive gone through the validation process plenty of times. i am really interested in getting it removed, if that means i have to pay in full then i will do that, it seems like a small price to pay for the damage its causing.  is that what most have seen? if you PIF chances of getting a PFD are better? in that case i will start emailing and faxing pfd letters offering the full amount. i feel like i cant afford not to.

Starting Score: 491 TU 490 EX EQ 510 FreeScore.com
Current Score:
Goal Score: 725 Across the Board
Message 12 of 21
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Can't hurt to try a lesser amount I suppose, especially if it's satisfying multiple accounts.  Check around on the forums to see if anyone has had success recently doing that

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 13 of 21
igids1
Regular Contributor

jhoffa, I posted this "First thing to do, is to get a copy of the other two credit reports. Where did you get the TU one? We need to know the dates of first delinquency on each of these accounts. We need to know the dates of last payment, and we need to know what state you are in"

You ignored all of it. Everything there is important. There is no magic wand to fixing your negatives. Some of the things you are wanting to pay, may erase themselves in weeks or months. Judging by the way you have responded to the posts here, you are not yet in a position to fix your credit. Should you decide to move forward at this point, you will almost assuredly make things worse for yourself. I/we are trying to help you.

Did you order your 3 free hard copy credit reports?

Do you know the dates of first delinquency for the items you listed?

Do you know when you last paid?

What state do you live in?

Message 14 of 21
HappySoda
Valued Member

Such impatience. I know I'm an unpopular guy because I've spoken truth, but dude you need to relax jhoffa. People have given you leads to read and you don't even respond or read them.

It has taken years to get to this bad spot. It's going to take years to get out. Paying everything off tomorrow is not going to fix anything, in all chances it will make it worse if you don't follow specific steps.

Try to take a deep breath, step back and give yourself some time to think about an approach instead of just "wanting it better NOW." Give yourself a realistic goal, How about a year? Even 6 months if you're really impatient. If you plan to have a great credit score in 2 months, you are setting yourself up for a collosal disappointment. Read the threads that people have recommended, relax. Your debt is going to be there regardless. So what does it matter? You trying to get an American Express tomorrow? No right? So calm down man.

Message 15 of 21
jhoffa34
Established Member

Just for the record, i dont mean any disrespect to anyone HappySoda and i appreciate all the help of the MyFico community. I am simply trying to be honest about my situation. ive played all the games, ive disputed 6 years ago, ive done lexington law, ive made settlement attempts for .5 on the dollar. i just want to pay it and be done with it. i understand you think that means impatient but its not its been FOREVER.  and if these people dont want the money they say i owe what else do they want. im in a position now where i can pay whatever they say i owe aside from my 50k in student loan debt so i am looking for help on the best way to get this off my report agreeing to pay it all, every cent. in my case its not that much money i just have no clue how to ensure im not paying it for no reason.  Thanks again for the reply.

Current Score:
Message 16 of 21
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Well it seems like you already have it all figured out so what do you need our input for? Pay it all off if that's your plan and never look back. Good luck.

Message 17 of 21
jhoffa34
Established Member

well @ Johhny_Favorite i need your help because people out here are much more knowledgeable than me about the process. clearly if i pay it im going to be stuck with paid as agreed negatives all over my report.  I am here because clearly i dont have it all figured out which im sure you already know, i just need someone to say...hey here is what you do if you dont mind paying and you are trying to get to this point.  Maybe its my fault for no being as explicit as i could about what my goals were but i am trying to do that. i didnt know anything about a PFD letter before i got on this forum.  That is the value i see. i appreciate you reaching out, even if it was to be a little condescending.

Current Score:
Message 18 of 21
HappySoda
Valued Member

condescending? People are trying to help you and you are shooting down your help. They told you to slow down and you refuse. Okay, so you plan on paying your debts off, go ahead. Nobody is stopping you from doing it.

There were some people who recommended debt validation first and you aren't interested, so what do you want people to say? If you plan on paying everything, send a letter to the collection agency saying basically: "Hi, I'm J Hoffa, I'm offering you $500 bucks to delete these items from my credit report. Please send me back a letter saying that you agree to this." You will find PFD examples all over this website and the web.

They may decide to respond and accept your offer. You can make your offer for 20%, 30%, 50%, 100%, 110%... whatever you feel you want to do because you're going to get 10 different answers from 10 different people and in the end, you're just going to do what you want to do anyway, with no regard to what the best step is for you. So pick whatever percentage you want and send it to them with a PFD letter. Then you wait. I know you hate waiting but that's the process. They're probably not going to respond on the first try so you're supposed to try again, but we all know you're tired of trying so basically at that point I guess you just pay them anyway and get a bunch of PAID/SETTLED and be right back where you started from.

I wish you good luck on your endeavor.

Helpful tip: If you are really interested in getting them off your report then you're going to want to send other PFD offers throughout the span of 6 months and be relentless until somebody agrees to it.

Message 19 of 21
igids1
Regular Contributor

jhoffa, here is the best thing I can tell you.

Based on the last tidbit you mentioned, the 50k in student loan debt, it that is with a govt backed loan(s), then out of everything you listed, that/they are the only things you should be focusing on, imo. 

If you wish to spend all of your money, on debt that may be invalid and/or out of the statute of limitations with little to no chance of lawsuit/wage garnishment/or effect on your credit, by all means go ahead.

If you continue to ignore those student loans, they will seize your taxes and eventually garnish your wages, with no staute of limitations. 

The choice is yours.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.