Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNWRITEN RULE?

tag
gracie22
Established Member

UNWRITEN RULE?

Hello again.  is there an unwriten rule not to email the CA for a PFD?  I havent seen it in any of these treads, but everyone talks about sending letters.  fyi, a new collection came up on my CR from soemthing in 2006 and I emailed the CA as soon as i got the alert.  the vp responded by saying if i pay 50% of the debt he would remove it(i know the debt is mine).  well i just paid it in full and it was gone in 2days.  i didnt think they could come that fast.

but theres something funny about that.......my EQ score was 547 before collection and 517 after.  the collection was removed and my score only went to 528.  something related to score watch? keep buying and watch it keep goin up? i dunno but w/e lol.......i didnt see any differences when i compared the reports. 

btw my EX is 559, which was 501 last month!!.........crazy FICO
"You're only as strong as your weakest FICO"
16JUL08 EX559 EQ528 TU483 ----
21JUL14 EX649 EQ682 TU683
9SEP14 Discover FICO EQ 700
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UNWRITEN RULE?

Many have emailed CA to negotiate a PFD.

Would a email hold up in court if the CA didn't delete as promised? I don't know.

That is the only reason for wanting everything in writing.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with everything sidewinder said!

For myself....I would not want a CA knowing my email or cell phone #

I do not know of anyone trying to use an email as a paper trail either.

Also there is no signiture on an email coming from a CA.....you have no idea who it is from IF there was a problem AND  it is not on letterhead!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On using e-mail, I dunno. Email CAN be used in a court of law, but if the opposition opposes it's admission, I don't know how far you'd be willing to go to prove it's legitimacy.

Email can be traced to make sure it's legit, though. I know that with all the spoofing that goes on, one tends to wonder. But I've had to use emails in proving the validity of contracts in my biz and while it's been a PITA, they always held.

As always, YMMV.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

e-mails might not be the way to go......but having them fax the letter over signed would be just as good right? i hate waiting!

i was just thinking...you can always create an e-mail address just for these situations.....so that way they can't get any personal info...just an idea....i would use yahoo......easy, free & I don't think you have to give that much info to get one.

Message Edited by molly73 on 07-19-2008 07:24 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've done two PFDs (one PFD worked, one they DVed via mail) via fax and one via email (finding the RIGHT email addy was a tougie, but they didn't have a fax -- what biz doesn't have a stinknin' fax?!) and so far, so good. :/
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.