Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE - 70 Pt Bump! Merrick Bank / FBCS

tag
Coco_The_Awesome
Valued Member

Re: Merrick Bank / First Consumers Business Solutions

I had a charged off account with Merrick Bank and Carson Smithfield was collecting on Metrick's behalf.  According to the rep I spoke with at Carson Smithfield, they don't report as a collection account on your report and will notify Merrick within 48 hours of payment that you're "settled in full" or "paid in full" at which point Merrick will update to $0 balance.  It's been 2 days since I paid so I'm waiting 30 days to pull my report again to verify this has been updated.  Best of luck!

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update! I just got through after an hour on hold and was then transferred to recovery services and that rep identified themselves as Carson.  Offered to settle with me for 60%. I was hoping for a lot less.  I told them I didn't have that much and she said to call back when I do. She was surprisingly very pleasant and I told her I appreciated her kindness.  Maybe I will call again and ask for a better settlement amount. I'm racing the clock also because I want it reported to credit bureaus in time for my next pull on fico on 10/4/21.

Message 12 of 27
Coco_The_Awesome
Valued Member

Best I could do was 60% as well; I bit the bullet and paid it....wishing you lots of luck!

Message 13 of 27
Shansx
Established Member

So here's my update. Finally after weeks and multiple phone calls to Merrick, Carson Smithfield and FBCS, my file finally made it to FBCS. my balance was $2459. They called on Wednesday and I asked for the best settlement offer and they said 50%, so $1230. I told them I needed to think on it and check my finances. Called back today and told them that $850 was the most I could do. She came back and said $860 is the least they go. I gave in the extra $10🤣 and settled for 35%. I'll update again once my credit scores update and let ya know what if any kind of bump I get for it. Feels good to finally have that account taken care of!

Message 14 of 27
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

@Shansx wrote:

So here's my update. Finally after weeks and multiple phone calls to Merrick, Carson Smithfield and FBCS, my file finally made it to FBCS. my balance was $2459. They called on Wednesday and I asked for the best settlement offer and they said 50%, so $1230. I told them I needed to think on it and check my finances. Called back today and told them that $850 was the most I could do. She came back and said $860 is the least they go. I gave in the extra $10🤣 and settled for 35%. I'll update again once my credit scores update and let ya know what if any kind of bump I get for it. Feels good to finally have that account taken care of!

Nice! 35% is a **bleep** good deal! I'm a little jealous, as I didn't get near that when I settled with Merrick/Carson Smithfield. Congrats, and let us know how your score reacts!

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 15 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16 of 27
Shansx
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank / FBCS

EQ and TU haven't updated yet, but EX just did and INCREASED 70 POINTS! Screenshot_20211009-092603_Messages.jpg

Message 17 of 27
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

Nice!! Congrats on your monster score increase!!

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 18 of 27
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

@Shansx  **bleep**!!!!!

A 70 point bump is YUGE! 

Would love to hear about the others when they report

Message 19 of 27
Shansx
Established Member

@GrandBay Transunion just updated with a 55 pt bump!!! I can't stop smiling! Just waiting on Equifax now!

TU.png

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.