Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: HSBC Charge off removal

tag
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Re: HSBC Charge off removal

PRA was a battle. They kept validating the debts(there were 4) but they were showing a payment history when no payments were made. I was able to get them to remove all based on that because it was not accurate and claimed that ifone account was wrong the others can have mistakes. I ended up filing a BBB complaint and a CFPB complaint and also worked with their ombudsman. Now they still send me letters every once in a while offering me a settlement but can not report and if they do I have a copy of the letter statingthat it would be removed.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 11 of 13
dave36021
Regular Contributor

I have somewhat of a update:  since I sent my GW to the CEO my Experian report has changed still listed as closed but Payment Status has changed from Paid to Late, Payment status has changed from Credit Line closed to Charge off, Status Updated from 09/01/2011 to 09/01/2010. There have been some other reporting changes over the years as well but have to look at the reports to get everything.With the eratic reporting do you think that may be something to go to the CFPB since there have been changes going back and forth ? My thinking is how do we know what is accurate if it keeps changing.

Message 12 of 13
dave36021
Regular Contributor

so today I get a response from HSBC with the denial to delete and the usual info when it was opened, last payment, who it was sold to and when. 

So I have a problem with what they sent acording to the letter they sold the account to PRA 9/2010 but acording to my reports they posted the 9/10 as 30 days late then 10/10 60 and so on until it went to charge off in 2/2011. If they are telling me that they sold it in 9/2010 then why did they keep reporting? Once they sold it they should not have been able to continue making updates to the account.

They also updated Experian to show as a charge off again on EX so sending a GW bit me in the butt. But another thing that was in the letter that I got a laugh at was their obligation as a company to report accurately and going by what they sent me and what is on the report they are not.

Still considering a CFPB complaint considering all the different info that they have posted and sent to me.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.