Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED*Help with Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATED*Help with Equifax

I have been paying Lexington Law and they removed three items since last month. I assume they are waiting for another payment to start more disputes. I just tried to dispute some personal info and it was very easy online. Anyone think I should get rid of them and be guided by you guys of how to challenge in disputing? Please let me know.

Edit* Equifax giving me hard time for removing chase and discover. The other bureaus removed the negatives except them. They made the utilization effect my credit when before it was not doing that. I called chase and they agreed to send a letter in my regard and will send me a letter to confirm the sent letter to the bureau. 1-3days and for my letter 7-10days. 

As for Discover, I called them and they said they have no record of my social security in their files, nor am I on the card in question. However, they said they can't send a letter on my behalf because I am not a customer. I thought it was the law? That was normal customer service. called there self account managers. Anyway, I was upset so I sent an updated letter to equifax via fax. I had some typos and sent total of three correcting the other ones. Anyway, let me know what to do

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lexington Law

That's a personal decision. I bet if you study hard, YOU can be your best credit repair agency in the world. World over.
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a personal decision. I bet if you study hard, YOU can be your best credit repair agency in the world. World over.

I don't know if you are making fun of me or encouraging me. However, it is funny. I am a authorized user on chase and discover which was . How would I challenge these or just leave it to lexington? Also, child support on my Transunion. If i pay them off, will they remove it totally? looks so bad

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

He's not messing with you. It's the absolute truth. Using stuff I learned on here, I've cleaned up so much stuff off my CRs, learned which CCs are best for rebuilding, how to find missing student loans. This site is a treasure trove of info.  

Message 4 of 37
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been paying Lexington Law and they removed three items since last month. I assume they are waiting for another payment to start more disputes. I just tried to dispute some personal info and it was very easy online. Anyone think I should get rid of them and be guided by you guys of how to challenge in disputing? Please let me know.

The biggest reason to not use Lexington Law, aside from the cash expense, is that they simply use an ongoing series of canned dispute letters and reasons.  Once the CRAs investigate that reason and decline to make a change, that reason is gone ... even if it is valid.  So you could later be prohibited from making valid disputes because they would deem the disputes as frivolous.

They take a shotgun approach to disputes rather than employing a good strategy.  If you hang out here and other credit sites, you will learn how to make valid disputes that get results.

Message 5 of 37
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if you are making fun of me or encouraging me. However, it is funny. I am a authorized user on chase and discover which was fcked royally. How would I challenge these or just leave it to lexington? Also, child support on my Transunion. If i pay them off, will they remove it totally? looks so bad

You can easily get negative authorized user accounts off your report by having yourself removed as an authorized user and then disputing the accounts as just being an authorized user.  They will remove the accounts since you have no liability for the accounts.  This one is easy.

The child support would be up to your own state.  Sometimes with things like tax liens from a state, it is easier to get them off than other things.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just from personal experience.  I was using a similar firm since february last year.  I only saw results the first 3 months.  After that, no real change.  I just fired them and decided to handle it on my own.

But as it was said before, it is up to you if you are willing to do it yourself.  From what I found here, firms can only dispute.  You have the option of doing Goodwill letters etc...  Just my .02 cents Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay team, lets remove those chase and discover from my account. It already went to collections and the accounts are closed. Well for the chase, as for the other one it was closed and paid off. Do i call chase and discover to remove my name then dispute or just dispute it.

Lexington just emailed me asking to put my stuff under the focus track of identity theif. WTH. Just changed it back to normal. I will just mail them what i disputed and they can leave those topics alone.

Message 8 of 37
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay team, lets remove those chase and discover from my account. It already went to collections and the accounts are closed. Well for the chase, as for the other one it was closed and paid off. Do i call chase and discover to remove my name then dispute or just dispute it.

Mail a letter to each CRA stating that the account is an authorized user only and you are not responsible for the debt.  Tell them to remove it.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mail a letter to each CRA stating that the account is an authorized user only and you are not responsible for the debt.  Tell them to remove it.

The debt for both are reported under Chase and Discover. Can CA remove it?

Omg sorry, i am new to the accronyms. Can i dispute it online?

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.