Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED Last Collection deletion data

tag
House2021
Established Contributor

UPDATED Last Collection deletion data

I wanted to share my results for others needing data, my last collection was deleted (4 at once), it resulted in a mortgage score increase of 10 points for Experian and fico 8 increase of 9 points (kind of disappointing @actually) I'm awaiting results from the others. I do have charge offs/lates from 5 years ago plus one auto charge off 

UPDATE: I was looking at the wrong numbers, I looked at Equifax not Experian. Anyways, my Experian Fico 8 did go up 8 points, and it wasn't just 10 points for the mortgage score, it was 24 points from 651 to 675, but that was the 4 collections being deleted and a charge off updating to $0/settled from an $8k balance (76 percent to 51 percent utilization)

my Transunion just updated - Fico 8 went up 17 points 653 to 670 (that's with just the collections deleted) I won't be able to check my mortgage scores til next month. I'm finally in the good credit category for first time in over 5 years! 
UPDATE Equifax finally updated it updated at the same time as one charge off change PFD from $3000 to $0, the result from the charge off paid and all remaining collections deleted was an increase of only 6 mortgage points (663 to 669) but my Fico 8went from 611 to 644, so a great gain of 33 points (too bad my mortgage ficos didn't do that) 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Last Collection deletion data

Congrats on the collections getting deleted, but unfortunately, those CO's and lates will still weight your scores down until they fall off. They will follow the DOFD rule..
Message 2 of 7
House2021
Established Contributor

Re: Last Collection deletion data

I posted my update above, only 6 mortgage points added to my Equifax, but my Equifax Fico 8 went up 33, this co-occurred with one of theee charge offs reporting $0 balance 

Message 3 of 7
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATED Last Collection deletion data

Congrats on the increases. When my last collection was removed my score went down 10 points. I was hoping for a increase since a lot of people seem to receive large increases when that happens. But, I also have 4 charge offs from mid 2019 and other lates. 

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@House2021 Congrats on the deletion of the collection data. How were you successful with Equifax deleting anything? Did you speak with their overseas staff? I have one negative trade line from Bank of America totaling $429.00 that was paid in 6/2019. The negative item on my Equifax report is scheduled to drop-off in 12/2022 . . . My TransUnion and Experian reports are 100% clean. 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 7
House2021
Established Contributor

No, I didn't get the collections deleted by talking to the credit bureaus, Portfolio Recovery deletes if you pay them.

Message 6 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@House2021 Thanks so much . . . my negative item was never sent to collections. It was majority my fault as I should have never cosigned for a friend to get a credit card for rental car usage. I didn't find out that they defaulted until it was already on my credit report and I paid it in full. Bank of America has repeatedly stated they don't do goodwill adjustments. The adverse item is reflected as paid with $0.00 balance. Lesson learned for sure . . . I am very grateful that TU and EX both deleted the line item and my files with them are not "dirty" . . . Thanks for posting!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.