cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED Medical Data Systems collections that was included in bankruptcy 2 years ago showed up

tag
earena
Contributor

UPDATED Medical Data Systems collections that was included in bankruptcy 2 years ago showed up

I filed bankruptcy in 2019, it was discharged on 6/25/2019. I just had a medical collection pop up on my credit report from March of 2019 with the local hospital that included on my bankruptcy. It wasn't in collections yet, but we put it on there just in case. I checked my PACER account and it shows that they are included as my creditor, but it isn't itemized. I would have to contact my lawyer to get the copy of the original bill. Anyone have experience with this?

UPDATE

I disputed with both transuinion and experian, it was never reported to equifax. It was removed from my transunion today and my score went up 78 pts! But I got a noticce from experian that the debt was verified. What can I do now? Re open the dispute? My next step was going to be to inquire with Lexington Law just because I don't have the time to keep going back and forth. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UPDATED Medical Data Systems collections that was included in bankruptcy 2 years ago showed up

Send the reporting creditor a copy of the OC being listed on the BK papers with a demand for immediate deletion or you will promptly sue them for illegally trying to collect on discharged debt. FYI: even creditors that may not have been listed on your schedules have been discharged.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.