Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED Our Journey to Awesome Credit Scores

tag
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Our Journey to Awesome Credit Scores

Score Update:

I received an alert that my TU score went up to 707!  My EQ went up to 677! I'm so happy that TU and EX are both officially over 700.  I can't wait to see the impact that the student loan lates removal will have.  That should happen by Friday so I will keep you posted.

On another note, I went to BoA to make a deposit and the teller pulled up my account and said "did you know that you have been pre-approved for 3 of our credit cards?"  "In addition, you were pre-qualified for a mortgage but you seem very young so I'm not sure if you are looking to purchase"  In my mind, I'm like wow this has never happened to me!  LOL  I didn't apply for any of the cards because I don't want to run my credit since I applied for a mortgage and regarding the mortgage piece I'm like actually I'm pretty old (28) LOL  she suggested that I sit down with one of their reps because I may be able to get a better deal since I bank with BoA.  I am currently working with someone at Citi so I'm not sure if I should shop around.  I'm afraid on the impact my score will take. It just felt so good to be told I was pre-approved for things!  This hasn't happened since I was like 18.  LOL

11/30/14 EQ 545 TU 573 EX 602 01/15 EQ 545 TU 586 EX 589
02/15 EQ 643 TU 627 EX 669 03/05/2015 EQ 708 TU 744 EX 707
05/2017 EQ 659 TU 676 EX 683
Goal: 700s across the board Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!!!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

Score Update:

I received an alert that my TU score went up to 707!  My EQ went up to 677! I'm so happy that TU and EX are both officially over 700.  I can't wait to see the impact that the student loan lates removal will have.  That should happen by Friday so I will keep you posted.

On another note, I went to BoA to make a deposit and the teller pulled up my account and said "did you know that you have been pre-approved for 3 of our credit cards?"  "In addition, you were pre-qualified for a mortgage but you seem very young so I'm not sure if you are looking to purchase"  In my mind, I'm like wow this has never happened to me!  LOL  I didn't apply for any of the cards because I don't want to run my credit since I applied for a mortgage and regarding the mortgage piece I'm like actually I'm pretty old (28) LOL  she suggested that I sit down with one of their reps because I may be able to get a better deal since I bank with BoA.  I am currently working with someone at Citi so I'm not sure if I should shop around.  I'm afraid on the impact my score will take. It just felt so good to be told I was pre-approved for things!  This hasn't happened since I was like 18.  LOL

That's so awesome!  FICO recognizes when inqueries come close together and are the result of shopping around to get a good loan and won't penalize you for that.  And as a former bank manager (slightly embarassing to admit...), yes, sit down with BofA because you often get a much better deal with your current bank than one you don't already have a relationship with.  

Message 23 of 36
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

Score Update:

That's so awesome!  FICO recognizes when inqueries come close together and are the result of shopping around to get a good loan and won't penalize you for that.  And as a former bank manager (slightly embarassing to admit...), yes, sit down with BofA because you often get a much better deal with your current bank than one you don't already have a relationship with.  

That is true.  But my LO said that since I am getting an FHA loan that the rates should be almost the same.  They told me it'll be 3.875 as of now.  I'm waiting for a judgment to clear so hopefully it'll be a little lower.

Message 24 of 36
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

This is pure awesomeness!!!!! Congrats on your amazing rebuild!!!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 25 of 36
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

My EQ score went up to 692. The judgment and the pc Richard lates are still on there hopefully I will hit the 700s once they get updated. 

On another note, I applied for mortgage and my lender pull score was 733 from EX. The odd thing is that my mortgage fico for EX is 721 so I'm not sure where the 733 came from. Still made me happy though. 

Message 26 of 36
Creditobsessed12
Frequent Contributor

I am a bit upset because I had to get all the dispute remarks removed from my credit report and apaprently this was helping my score.  The mortgage company required me to remove all the remarks and as a result my score dropped a lot Smiley Sad  I wanted to cry.  I don't understand this because if the dispute was not successful why would they exclude it from my score?  I just don't get it.  I thought that if you filed a dispute and the creditor verified the information that would end the dispute. 

My scores are now EQ 670 TU 671 EX 695

On another note, my judgment was vacated today and it will be removed from my credit file soon.  Hopefully the removal will bring back my scores into the 700s. 

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditobsessed12 wrote:

I am a bit upset because I had to get all the dispute remarks removed from my credit report and apaprently this was helping my score.  The mortgage company required me to remove all the remarks and as a result my score dropped a lot Smiley Sad  I wanted to cry.  I don't understand this because if the dispute was not successful why would they exclude it from my score?  I just don't get it.  I thought that if you filed a dispute and the creditor verified the information that would end the dispute. 

My scores are now EQ 670 TU 671 EX 695

On another note, my judgment was vacated today and it will be removed from my credit file soon.  Hopefully the removal will bring back my scores into the 700s. 

Do not be discouraged!  Your mortgage scores may not have changed much. I read this entire thread and your persistence is inspiring!  Thank you! And good luck to you!

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditobsessed12, your story is a marvel and so is your dedication. It's amazing that you raised your scores so quickly. 

May I ask what you said to the customer advocate at Navient and who you talked to? How long did it take and what was your strategy, besides scorched-earth communication? I have one late from them in a seven-year history. I wrote a nice GW email to the customer advocate website but now I think I should have addressed a postal letter to the CEO. Please PM the information when you can, and congratulations again. It gives me hope. 

Thank you! 

Message 29 of 36
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATED Our Journey to Awesome Credit Scores

This is an awesome story of your journey! Keep up the great job you are doing it is certainly paying off! Congrats on your success thus far!!!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.