Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Secured Card Data Points when you Max out the Secured Card

tag
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

Re: US Bank Secured Card Data Points when you Max out the Secured Card

I applied for one card and still no hard pull on transunion. I wish I had pulled the trigger last year. In my case they changed the criteria. So I am expecting another rejection letter next week.

Message 11 of 26
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

US Bank has Changed its Graduation Criteria for 2022 and no it is not Good!!

Okay I have 3 US Bank Secured Credit Cards. I max out each at $5000 per card.  I read over and over on this board time and time again that US Bank with graduate with bad items on your credit report. That is no longer the case. You will need to have a clean report for it to graduate going forward.

The good news is it is a soft pull not a hard pull.

I tried 3 times this year for graduation I have a 6 year 3 month old charge off from Discover- that is the only derog on my credit report. So until someone else chimes it - it could be because it is a charge off and not a collection. I found it pretty easy to get the collections of of my report that took one month to get then all off.

A spot of Good news 

I got 3 Truist Credit cards this morning!  Small limits but I see Truist is a relationship bank and so I will move all my banking there. The trusit Prequalifed tool is legit! I will do a seperate post about it.

Message 12 of 26
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank has Changed its Graduation Criteria for 2022 and no it is not Good!!

@WinningEveryday wrote:

Okay I have 3 US Bank Secured Credit Cards. I max out each at $5000 per card.  I read over and over on this board time and time again that US Bank with graduate with bad items on your credit report. That is no longer the case. You will need to have a clean report for it to graduate going forward.

I tried 3 times this year for graduation I have a 6 year 3 month old charge off from Discover- that is the only derog on my credit report. So until someone else chimes it - it could be because it is a charge off and not a collection. I found it pretty easy to get the collections of of my report that took one month to get then all off.

A spot of Good news 

I got 3 Truist Credit cards this morning!  Small limits but I see Truist is a relationship bank and so I will move all my banking there. The trusit Prequalifed tool is legit! I will do a seperate post about it.

Other than the fact that you haven't had your cards graduate I don't see where you posted how you know the graduation policy has changed. Did I miss it? 

Message 13 of 26
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

Re: US Bank has Changed its Graduation Criteria for 2022 and no it is not Good!!

@dragontears wrote:

@WinningEveryday wrote:

A spot of Good news 

Other than the fact that you haven't had your cards graduate I don't see where you posted how you know the graduation policy has changed. Did I miss it? 

Research US Bank graduation. There are a ton of datapoints here on MyFico. They were graduating people who still had bad credit reports last year. There was also a mention of hard pull.  No hard pulls for me. I got one bad thing on my report and I got the Apple Card and the Truist Cards so my credit was good enough to get 4 unsecured cards but not good enough to unsecured my secured cards with impeccable payment and use history?? They changed up the approval process.

Message 14 of 26
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@WinningEveryday wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@WinningEveryday wrote:

A spot of Good news 

Research US Bank graduation. There are a ton of datapoints here on MyFico. They were graduating people who still had bad credit reports last year. There was also a mention of hard pull.  No hard pulls for me. I got one bad thing on my report and I got the Apple Card and the Truist Cards so my credit was good enough to get 4 unsecured cards but not good enough to unsecured my secured cards with impeccable payment and use history?? They changed up the approval process.

So your statement that their policy has changed is based only on the fact your cards haven't graduated? No other data or information? 

Message 15 of 26
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

@dragontears wrote:

@WinningEveryday wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@WinningEveryday wrote:

A spot of Good news 

So your statement that their policy has changed is based only on the fact your cards haven't graduated? No other data or information? 

Research US Bank graduation. There are a ton of datapoints here on MyFico

Message 16 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi @WinningEveryday sorry to hear about your US Bank Cards. Where did you learn about their policy change? Did you talk to them? I have 2 secured cards with them. Alt Go Secured $5k and Cash+ secured $5k that I opened in December 2021 and hoping they will graduate in December 2022. I guess if they don't graduate I have nothing to loose since they are giving very good rewards. Worst case if I need to close them I can move the deposit to another secured card I already have now. 

Message 17 of 26
WinningEveryday
Valued Member

@Red1Blue wrote:

Hi @WinningEveryday sorry to hear about your US Bank Cards. Where did you learn about their policy change? Did you talk to them? I have 2 secured cards with them. Alt Go Secured $5k and Cash+ secured $5k that I opened in December 2021 and hoping they will graduate in December 2022. I guess if they don't graduate I have nothing to loose since they are giving very good rewards. Worst case if I need to close them I can move the deposit to another secured card I already have now. 

I learned here. The datapoints. A lot of people US Bank card graduated while they still had baddies on their report.  You can do a search on it. US bank also changed its secured card line up. They no longer offer the secured card I got except the Harley Davidson it kinda of sucks becuase what they offer now is much better than what I got.  I am assuming if I tried to graduate last year I would of been fine. So Discover falls off I think in June so that is the only thing keeping me from graduating. 

Message 18 of 26
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

Your MF posts have implied that you have quite a number of new(ish) accounts, a lot of inquiries/apps, and had some closed.  With that sort of activity alone, one should not be surprised if their secured cards didn't graduate in the earliest possible time frame possible, particularly if the secured cards have high limits and there are multiple secured cards open with that same issuer.  Just something to consider.

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 19 of 26
dragontears
Senior Contributor

So in reality you don't know if the criteria has changed, you are just assuming because your cards haven't graduated it must have changed? 

Telling me/people to look up all the data points that are contrary to your statement is not helpful in convincing people that your assumptions are correct. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.